+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Play-off Hopes Still Alive....

Play-off Hopes Still Alive....

Well it appears teams still want us involved in the Play-offs and when i had semi written us off after Fulham all results since then have really heavily been in our favour. Massive game Friday with Wendies v Reading following on from that we have T'Rovers who appear to be attempting to escape the clutches of the drop and considering the last couple of games they are not doing a bad job of it and doing us a favour to boot in both games.

You just need to concentrate on getting a win at Bastids ,if not at least a draw.. I'm taking the Bastids to win 2-1 after showing some decent form over the past few weeks

Massive match for the Clarets at Sunderland,nothing less than a draw will do..I'm taking the Mackems to win this by 2-0 if they don't they will be going down.. Burnley have a mental blockage when playing away from home ..

Leeds are just playing out time now and waiting for the play offs ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    You just need to concentrate on getting a win at Bastids ,if not at least a draw.. I'm taking the Bastids to win 2-1 after showing some decent form over the past few weeks

Massive match for the Clarets at Sunderland,nothing less than a draw will do..I'm taking the Mackems to win this by 2-0 if they don't they will be going down.. Burnley have a mental blockage when playing away from home ..

Leeds are just playing out time now and waiting for the play offs ..
    I do hope you are right re Leeds, a dip in form at this time is not too bad an issue in view of the points we have. I just hope we get it back together. PNE, still think it is over but admittedly Bburn did them a favour last night but are you expecting Sheffs. and Fulham to slip up twice in nine games whilst they (PNE) win. Sheffield games below - where will it happen - they have Fulham and Newcastle to play, but even if they do I think Fulham will sneak in. Particularly as K Enders have to vist Huddersfield, Newcastle and Leeds (mind we will probably roll over :-) and take one on the chin)

Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday Sat 1 Apr 12:30
    Rotherham United v Sheffield Wednesday Tue 4 Apr 19:45
    Sheffield Wednesday v Newcastle United Sat 8 Apr 17:30
    Sheffield Wednesday v Cardiff City Fri 14 Apr 15:00
    Queens Park Rangers v Sheffield Wednesday Mon 17 Apr 15:00
    Sheffield Wednesday v Derby County Sat 22 Apr 15:00
    Ipswich Town v Sheffield Wednesday Sat 29 Apr

Also Fulham for their last game in May
    Last edited by CalverleyBoy; 15-03-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    I do hope you are right re Leeds, a dip in form at this time is not too bad an issue in view of the points we have. I just hope we get it back together. PNE, still think it is over but admittedly Bburn did them a favour last night but are you expecting Sheffs. and Fulham to slip up twice in nine games whilst they (PNE) win. Sheffield games below - where will it happen - they have Fulham and Newcastle to play, but even if they do I think Fulham will sneak in. Particularly as K Enders have to vist Huddersfield, Newcastle and Leeds (mind we will probably roll over :-) and take one on the chin)

Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday Sat 1 Apr 12:30
    Rotherham United v Sheffield Wednesday Tue 4 Apr 19:45
    Sheffield Wednesday v Newcastle United Sat 8 Apr 17:30
    Sheffield Wednesday v Cardiff City Fri 14 Apr 15:00
    Queens Park Rangers v Sheffield Wednesday Mon 17 Apr 15:00
    Sheffield Wednesday v Derby County Sat 22 Apr 15:00
    Ipswich Town v Sheffield Wednesday Sat 29 Apr

Also Fulham for their last game in May
    Don't forget Reading aren't secure in the play-offs yet and their form is as dodgy as anybody's at the moment. The Wendies won't win at Burnley or Ipswich I dont think so there are truck loads of points to drop at the moment.

By the way Alf a draw isn't good for either us or Bastids so we must win Saturday to keep the pressure on Wendies and Reading that's for sure and backed by 5000-6000 Nobbers why not.

I think You will pick up at least a point at the Mackems and maybe 3 but I have your match down as a 0-0. Leeds game with the Seagulls is a real hard one to call however if Leeds play like they have been doing the last couple of games they are going to get mullered however I think they will lift their game and may sneak a result. Barnsley is another tough one to call however I think they will get a draw down at the Canaries but generally all 4 games our teams are involved in can go either way this weekend. Tough tough weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Don't forget Reading aren't secure in the play-offs yet and their form is as dodgy as anybody's at the moment. The Wendies won't win at Burnley or Ipswich I dont think so there are truck loads of points to drop at the moment.

By the way Alf a draw isn't good for either us or Bastids so we must win Saturday to keep the pressure on Wendies and Reading that's for sure and backed by 5000-6000 Nobbers why not.

I think You will pick up at least a point at the Mackems and maybe 3 but I have your match down as a 0-0. Leeds game with the Seagulls is a real hard one to call however if Leeds play like they have been doing the last couple of games they are going to get mullered however I think they will lift their game and may sneak a result. Barnsley is another tough one to call however I think they will get a draw down at the Canaries but generally all 4 games our teams are involved in can go either way this weekend. Tough tough weekend.
    True about Reading they had a shocking loss to some dodgy team recently - good luck with Bburn It would be good to see them demoted having wasted all Jacks money. 5 to 6 K travelling fans from from Preston now that would be something to see yout home gates are not much more than that.

True about Reading they had a shocking loss to some dodgy team recently - good luck with Bburn It would be good to see them demoted having wasted all Jacks money. 5 to 6 K travelling fans from from Preston now that would be something to see yout home gates are not much more than that.
    Our away followings have been excellent recently but got to agree home 10k is disappointing. Sellout at piemunchers, 6k sold for Rovers and 3k at Fulham. Tomorrow is now a massive game with the Wendies crumbling and seriously bottling it against Reading. We could potentially be 3 points behind we have to beat Rovers

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Our away followings have been excellent recently but got to agree home 10k is disappointing. Sellout at piemunchers, 6k sold for Rovers and 3k at Fulham. Tomorrow is now a massive game with the Wendies crumbling and seriously bottling it against Reading. We could potentially be 3 points behind we have to beat Rovers
    6000 K enders feeling totally Pi55ed off I guess - season over

i have to disagree either you CB.. The Nobbers season is far from over,admittedly they will have to keep winning but they are only five points off a play off spot,which is very achievable.

A nice return to form for Leeds tonight,that Woods guy is on fire at the moment ,I hope he saves some goals for the play offs or you will be phooked.. Lol

Over the moon with our point at Sunderland today,in a must not lose game ,another point towards survival I hope ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    i have to disagree either you CB.. The Nobbers season is far from over,admittedly they will have to keep winning but they are only five points off a play off spot,which is very achievable.

A nice return to form for Leeds tonight,that Woods guy is on fire at the moment ,I hope he saves some goals for the play offs or you will be phooked.. Lol

Over the moon with our point at Sunderland today,in a must not lose game ,another point towards survival I hope ..
    You have to keep believing, but really Sheffield, Norwich and Fulham all failing with 8 games to go - Leeds nothing would surprise me if we mess it up.

Quite the opposite CB we went mental when we scored in the 92nd minute. You should have seen the Rovers fans they were totally gutted and thought they had bagged 3 points. Season is defo still on but getting tougher by the game I have to agree. Florists and Brizzles next both at home against two sides actually looking like they might be improving. However at Deepdale we are a totally different proposition and we fear nobody at home. Lets see what the next two games bring for all sides then we will see.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)