+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking at our remaining fixtures..

Looking at our remaining fixtures..

I don't think were going to survive. Too much damage done under coyle.

I do hope you are right Saxo,but seeing though you know nothing about football you will be most probably wrong.. Boo.

Not too sure saxo
    if I was offered a draw before today I would of taken it
    we are still undefeated under Mowbray and even though we have some tough games left under his leadership I feel less deflated as what I did under coyle
    we have a chance of survival and as long as we have that then we should not be disheartened
    goal difference is all that separates us.

Of course. it does depend on the fixture-lists of the other teams in trouble too, but it the good news is, we have a full squad to choose from now. One thing: it does add a lot of interest to the last few months of the season!
    Whatever Coyle's failings as a tactician, you have to concede he has put a decent squad together with very little in the way of resources. I was very sceptical about Joao, but he scores twice as soon as he is given a chance!

Commendable displays(Cardiff, Norwich) ain't enough. Due to coyles reign of terror, maximum points, nothing less, is what's required. I'm afraid were gonna just fall short.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Commendable displays(Cardiff, Norwich) ain't enough. Due to coyles reign of terror, maximum points, nothing less, is what's required. I'm afraid were gonna just fall short.
    I honestly don't believe it's a question of "maximum points", Saxo. Remember that some of the others are at least as bad as us!
    If you look at the fixtures I listed on the other thread, you'll see some of the other teams' run-ins are worse than ours. The next four games look very tough, but if we can scrape five points together from those, we might have enough confidence when it comes to meeting some of the other teams in trouble.
    Optimistic? Of course. One of my favourite quotes:
    "An optimist is someone who goes after Moby Dick in a rowboat and takes the tartare sauce with him." - Zig Ziglar.

Looking at the remaining fixtures of the other teams on your thread aucks its all much a muchness
    we have what's deemed as tough games over the next few weeks
    if we can pick up points away like yesterday and make sure we win at home(especially against Bristol city)and we should be safe
    what intrigues me is what happens when we suffer our first loss under Mowbray
    let's hope we don't find out this season.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Looking at the remaining fixtures of the other teams on your thread aucks its all much a muchness
    we have what's deemed as tough games over the next few weeks
    if we can pick up points away like yesterday and make sure we win at home(especially against Bristol city)and we should be safe
    what intrigues me is what happens when we suffer our first loss under Mowbray
    let's hope we don't find out this season.
    Now, THAT really IS optimism, Robin. I think we'll probably get a chance to witness that particular reaction after the Fulham game!

Bump.

I know why you bumped this saxo but there is nothing can be done to prevent individual errors apart from trying to drill into players to think
    we are experiencing the hard way at the moment however we are still undefeated under Mowbray and that goes a long way especially with games to go in this relegation scrap
    possibly the closest in the championships history
    up to 6 teams maybe 7 in for the 2 spots remaining
    I am not defeated yet but a certain degree of thought is needed by everyone playing on the pitch
    switch off when the final whistle is blown and not a minute before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)