+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fansnetwork.co.uk

fansnetwork.co.uk

thought some might like. there's one from a Miller

http://fansnetwork.co.uk

Good read MT. Sums up our season nicely

Thanks for the link topsy.

Decent assessment of this season.

Click the link in post one and see what's said about the game, Danny Ward

Embarassing or what ? Don't think I've ever read a more scathing match report. Someone should forward this to Tony Stewart and Son to read and cringe over.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Click the link in post one and see what's said about the game, Danny Ward
    I didn't go MT but I have heard it was that bad. Here is the article

"QPR won at home for the fourth game in a row with a convincing 5-1 victory, sealed by five different goalscorers, against an abject Rotherham United side at Loftus Road on Saturday. You’ll have to go a long way to find any team, let alone a QPR team, winning a game by such a handsome margin as this while playing so far within themselves.

QPR were beaten 6-0 at Loftus Road by Newcastle back in September, but at least the Magpies looked pretty formidable doing it. Here, in a 5-1 success, Rangers’ biggest win of the season, their first five goal haul since 2014, I’m not even sure QPR were that good. They didn’t need to be. Sporting a goalkeeper (Lewis Price) and centre back (Semi Ajayi and Aimen Belaid) combination that would have disgraced a Sunday league side with their performances, Rotherham were as bad a team as we’ve seen on this ground for many, many years.

Had QPR played as well as they did at, say, Birmingham City recently, this would have gone well into double figures. As it was, they got to five in second gear". - See more at: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal....J1JHpzrS.dpuf

I thought the piece below was damning:

ing to be one of those stereotypical QPR disasters. The pocket of travelling support high in the School End deserve better than this. You can be the worst team in the league, you can have all the confidence drained out of you, you can be dead last in the league – **** happens – but to not even try, to not even go through the motions, to have some players not even making the weight… unacceptable. A real shame, Rotherham’s tidy new ground was a pleasure to visit and they’ve seemed like a really friendly club in our recent meetings.

I stopped travelling away many years ago but I've been to many games. I've seen us receive some severe beatings. I have seen us lose 6-0 at QPR in August 67 I think it was. We were 4 down at half time when Rodney Marsh, Lazarus & co tormented us. That QPR team was a cracking one. One thing I will say is though I have never seen us play with no effort.

However this time round we were playing a very average side who we had actually beaten earlier in the season. So to be accused of no effort is disgraceful. Paul Warne obviously felt the same with his comments or actions.....but what about the fans who travelled? They should be refunded their match entry and travel costs.

This is totally unacceptable whatever league you are in. Rotherham United have a reputation for giving the big teams a bloody nose by getting stuck in as a team at this level. Fighting above their weight.
    Mass clear out needed and all the good work of the last few years in tatters.

It is not always about money. Look at Burton Albion, a much smaller team than us.

The pocket of travelling support high in the School End deserve better than this. You can be the worst team in the league, you can have all the confidence drained out of you, you can be dead last in the league – **** happens – but to not even try, to not even go through the motions, to have some players not even making the weight… unacceptable. A real shame, Rotherham’s tidy new ground was a pleasure to visit and they’ve seemed like a really friendly club in our recent meetings.

I stopped travelling away many years ago but I've been to many games. I've seen us receive some severe beatings. I have seen us lose 6-0 at QPR in August 67 I think it was. We were 4 down at half time when Rodney Marsh, Lazarus & co tormented us. That QPR team was a cracking one. One thing I will say is though I have never seen us play with no effort.

However this time round we were playing a very average side who we had actually beaten earlier in the season. So to be accused of no effort is disgraceful. Paul Warne obviously felt the same with his comments or actions.....but what about the fans who travelled? They should be refunded their match entry and travel costs.

This is totally unacceptable whatever league you are in. Rotherham United have a reputation for giving the big teams a bloody nose by getting stuck in as a team at this level. Fighting above their weight.

It is not always about money. Look at Burton Albion, a much smaller team than us.

"The pocket of travelling support high in the School End deserve better than this. You can be the worst team in the league, you can have all the confidence drained out of you, you can be dead last in the league – **** happens – but to not even try, to not even go through the motions, to have some players not even making the weight… unacceptable. A real shame, Rotherham’s tidy new ground was a pleasure to visit and they’ve seemed like a really friendly club in our recent meetings." Ends.

"The pocket of travelling support high in the School End deserve better than this. You can be the worst team in the league, you can have all the confidence drained out of you, you can be dead last in the league – **** happens – but to not even try, to not even go through the motions, to have some players not even making the weight… unacceptable. A real shame, Rotherham’s tidy new ground was a pleasure to visit and they’ve seemed like a really friendly club in our recent meetings." Ends.

However this time round we were playing a very average side who we had actually beaten earlier in the season. So to be accused of no effort is disgraceful. Paul Warne obviously felt the same with his comments after the game and actions today....but what about the fans who travelled? They should be refunded their match entry and travel costs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast