+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alex Neil Sacked By Norwich City

Alex Neil Sacked By Norwich City

I'm surprised he's lasted this long to be fair. I'm all for a manager given a chance to try and get a side promoted back up at the first attempt, but Norwich have looked way off for a while. They are currently nine points off the play-offs and making them will be a tall order.

More Info Click Here

I think Naarich have been very unfair on him '71.
    Alex was a young player with us back in the early 00's, and I thought hed done really well at first when he got the job there.
    But they are a club with idiotic expectations and they are going to miss out on the play offs this time, but I dont think thats a fair reason to sack him. Give him a full season at this level at least, before taking any action. Its not as though they had to go up this season is it, they are a club who will challenge again next season at this level.

I think with plenty of points to play for, they still have an outside chance of reaching the play-offs. Unless they stick with Alan Irvine, a new man will have to get to know the players pretty quickly.

What's the odds of Bilic being the next prem manager to go. If The Hammers don't turn it around big time against Leicester second half I think there is every chance.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    What's the odds of Bilic being the next prem manager to go. If The Hammers don't turn it around big time against Leicester second half I think there is every chance.
    I think he's safe til summer. Then the axe will fall.

They're not in danger of relegation and they're too far away from competing for continental play, so nothin to gain from letting him go right now IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    I think with plenty of points to play for, they still have an outside chance of reaching the play-offs. Unless they stick with Alan Irvine, a new man will have to get to know the players pretty quickly.
    Well they might yet surprise us '71, and with another easy guaranteed home win against us today (we havent won away at Naarich in 80 years now lol), they have closed the gap and are now chasing a play off place again.
    And although we have 51 points, Im still looking over our shoulders at the 3rd from bottom team with 8 games to go!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)