+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Scottish Independence/Referendum

Before you come back as enraged as ever, might I remind you that we even tried to boss the penguins about in Antartica before it was declared a wilderness area which no nation could colonize. There still exists however which should cheer you up British Antarctica postage stamps displaying the monarch's head.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBasie View Post
    Before you come back as enraged as ever, might I remind you that we even tried to boss the penguins about in Antartica before it was declared a wilderness area which no nation could colonize. There still exists however which should cheer you up British Antarctica postage stamps displaying the monarch's head.
    my fuse will be shown BW in the Trent end.
    You cant hide forever. Tick tock

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    What utter tosh.

The Jocks are a conundrum of discrepancies in all they say.

1. They claim England abuses/under values them. Yet get £1600 per head more in capita than English folk.
    2. They claim West Minster holds too much power over them, yet want to give it Brussels.
    3. They claim they are being with held their rights and promises, yet break their promise of a once in a life time vote.

Lets look at Sturgeons position.
    Wants away from the UK to rule themselves, yet is willing to surrender sovereignty to the EU?
    They would have to join the queue to join the EU(10 years at least) Even if they do get in, they would have to have a hard border with the UK as it stands.
    They would have no currency. Can't have the Euro, until a member. Pound Sterling has been denied them.
    80% of their trade is within the UK, but Sturgeon thinks 11% of EU trade is for their future.
    Oil market has crashed and is forecast to not rise for at least 5-10 years.
    Out of NATO
    Armed forces bases, stripped and removed

Personally, I'd like to see them **** off. The delusions of the SNP are nauseating at least. To see Sturgeon, drag 5 million people into third world status, would be quite funny.
    However, the Jocks aren't that thick. This is the beginning of the end of the SNP. Once the UK Brexits, then Scotland would know it has no choice but to remain. The very reason the SNP was born, would be irrelevant.
    All in all. The hot air from the ginger ****s mouth, is just a smoke screen from her parties failure in office.
    Education/health/jobs, all in disarray.
    Like the Argies in 1982, what we need is a good distraction. Any ideas?
    So apart from the inaccuracies - 10 years for membership (says who?) can't have the pound (says who?) once in a generation (unless there was a material change in circumstances)you don't think that a country should have the right to determine whether it should be independent of another country and runs its own affairs if thats what its people vote for democratically?

Bit of a contradiction there Tricky amongst the falsehoods and if you can't demolish a person's arguments without disparaging and infantile remarks referring to their hair colour, then most intelligent folk would consider your views to hold no substance.

You really are an ignorant xenophobe and an apology for a human being with your racist incoherent rants against foreigners

Quote Originally Posted by RedBasie View Post
    The guy is thick and sick, no point in debating with him sigh! there used to be safe places to contain these people.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    The guy is thick and sick, no point in debating with him sigh! there used to be safe places to contain these people.
    Possibly Scotland

Why inflict him on the Scots? Most are perfectly reasonable people as indeed are the majority of other nationalities?

IF and its a big IF the scots want independence then let them have it, like Brexit the concept seems more appealing than the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    You're doing it again.
    Slamming the English. Wales is part of the UK. Anyone in the UK can live where they want. How many Scots,Irish and Welsh live in England? Do I care? No.

If Wales feels it needed to preserve it's natural language, then brilliant. What about Gaelic? That should be up there as well.
    Please tell me, how many English people you know of, that torch Welsh peoples homes though?
    The UK currently has over 3 million Europeans living here(that we know of) straining our services-housing/medical/schooling/social system.
    Yet you decide it's all because of the English ruining Welsh lives.
    You need help, you really do.
    Oh Jeez Tricky aren't you bright enough to realise that no matter how many times you repeat a falsehood, it doesn't make it true - maybe there are 3 million europeans living here (though I guess the 60 odd million Brits are europeans to!) who are paying taxes and keeping industry and essential services running whilst contributing to the UK's economic growth? Far from straining services etc, they are actively keeping them going FFS! The crisis in housing and health has **** all to do with immigration and everything to do with under investment and austerity!

Are you so thick as to believe that if those 3 million left overnight that the Uk would not be in trouble? Do you not realise that its a total myth that european migrants are in jobs that would otherwise go to Brits? Doe sit not occur to you that they are doing jobs firstly that many Brits do not want to do, secondly have not got the skills to do and thirdly there aren't the Brits to do them, I know these are inconvenient facts for your pathetic and false agenda, but those are the facts.

Do you also not realise that even under a so called hard Brexit that immigration would not reduce by much? The plain fact is we ahve an unemployment rate of around 4.8%, full employment is reckoned to be at 4.5%, which means that those left are unemployable for a variety of reasons!

If you going to sput drivel at least bother to understand that the truth of the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Oh Jeez Tricky aren't you bright enough to realise that no matter how many times you repeat a falsehood, it doesn't make it true - maybe there are 3 million europeans living here (though I guess the 60 odd million Brits are europeans to!) who are paying taxes and keeping industry and essential services running whilst contributing to the UK's economic growth? Far from straining services etc, they are actively keeping them going FFS! The crisis in housing and health has **** all to do with immigration and everything to do with under investment and austerity!

Are you so thick as to believe that if those 3 million left overnight that the Uk would not be in trouble? Do you not realise that its a total myth that european migrants are in jobs that would otherwise go to Brits? Doe sit not occur to you that they are doing jobs firstly that many Brits do not want to do, secondly have not got the skills to do and thirdly there aren't the Brits to do them, I know these are inconvenient facts for your pathetic and false agenda, but those are the facts.

Do you also not realise that even under a so called hard Brexit that immigration would not reduce by much? The plain fact is we ahve an unemployment rate of around 4.8%, full employment is reckoned to be at 4.5%, which means that those left are unemployable for a variety of reasons!

If you going to sput drivel at least bother to understand that the truth of the matter.
    You say the housing and health crisis has nothing to do with immigration, I beg to differ.

Whilst I agree that we need immigrants to do the work that many brits are unwilling to do and prefer to pick up their benefits cheque. The inability of successive governments to get these people contributing to society has led us to the simple solution of getting immigrants in to do the work.

Net immigration is in excess of the number of housing being built, which must be contributing to the housing crisis. I know many people who work in health and education and they all tell me that non English speaking people are causing many problems in their work.

How much does one child who doesn't speak English, hold up the rest of the class. In fact, in many classes, English is not the first language. It's the same in health, you get 10 minutes for an appointment, a non English speaker has to have an interpreter paid for and then every question and every answer has to be repeated, taking far longer.

I know many immigrants do speak good English, but there are a significant number that don't, of which some are eu.

The problems we're facing are due to 10 extravagant years of Labour's tax and spend.
    If Jeremy Corbyn somehow gets his grubby hands on the door of No 10, prepare for a generation of economic mess.
    As for the referendum, give it to them. I don't think they are dumb to vote independence but if they do, then they'll destroy themselves within 10 years. All the oil revenue will go towards the EU and trying to mollycoddle the lazy bums who won't work and demand hand outs.
    The brighter Jocks will remain in London and elsewhere.
    Scotland will be worse than Greece in 10 years.

Remain and they'll continue to enjoy benefits of whatever deals we make with the US, China and others. And from what I see there's a great appetite here in Asia to make bilateral deals with the UK. Although I don't think Boris Johnson is the best salesman for this job.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    The problems we're facing are due to 10 extravagant years of Labour's tax and spend.
    If Jeremy Corbyn somehow gets his grubby hands on the door of No 10, prepare for a generation of economic mess.
    As for the referendum, give it to them. I don't think they are dumb to vote independence but if they do, then they'll destroy themselves within 10 years. All the oil revenue will go towards the EU and trying to mollycoddle the lazy bums who won't work and demand hand outs.
    The brighter Jocks will remain in London and elsewhere.
    Scotland will be worse than Greece in 10 years.

Remain and they'll continue to enjoy benefits of whatever deals we make with the US, China and others. And from what I see there's a great appetite here in Asia to make bilateral deals with the UK. Although I don't think Boris Johnson is the best salesman for this job.
    Yeah all that 'tax and spend'...and just look what we got from it...oh yes...new schools...new and better equipped hospitals. I've got no time for Corbyn either but let's be fair...Labour were doing fine and things were a great deal better until the problems caused by grasping, greedy bankers and as this was a global problem which caused a global recession, which we're still feeling the effects of, I don't see how the hell you can blame Labour.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)