+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Scottish Independence/Referendum

OT: Scottish Independence/Referendum

They are clearly deluded. Their biggest employer is us and we subsidize them to the hilt. They would have to make a new application to rejoin the EU which can take years if not decades. They would be stupid to jump ship now especially not knowing how BREXIT is going to pan out.

Should we give them a vote before?

OR

Should we have a vote to see if we want them to remain part of the UK?

The latter would be interesting.....

The latter is long overdue

Nicola is finding every way to keep her country in the EU and if it means for her to gain her country their own Independence, then so be it. It was their own right to remain and that is what they should get and they sure did vote for it. May want's everyone to be a part of an independent nation but what she doesn't realise is that being independent, is doing your own thing and not with other nations.They should have a discussion on the matter and decide what's best for Scotland.

The whole thing is somewhat bizarre. The SNP do not want to be part of a larger political union and want more autonomy for Scotland - so the country votes substantially (but not quite enough) for separation.

YET

When it comes to the EU the Scotch DO want to to be part of a larger political union and seem happy to have less autonomy - as evidenced by the significant remain vote in the EU referendum.

So on the one hand they want autonomy and on the other they don't. At the moment they are part of two larger political unions - the one they SNP dont want to be in, they are stuck with: the one they do want to be in the country is in the process of losing.

So its a classic lose-lose. If they go for independence from UK and at the 37th attempted referendum Nicola finally gets the vote that she wants, then the newly independent Scotland will not be admitted to EU under current entry requirements. If they stay in the UK they will also lose EU membership. You've got to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea View Post
    They are clearly deluded. Their biggest employer is us and we subsidize them to the hilt. They would have to make a new application to rejoin the EU which can take years if not decades. They would be stupid to jump ship now especially not knowing how BREXIT is going to pan out.

Should we give them a vote before?

OR

Should we have a vote to see if we want them to remain part of the UK?

The latter would be interesting.....
    Give them a vote whenever they want one. I'm a great believer that small nations are more efficient, more peaceful and more contented than big ones. If they do have problems then they get them sorted before the rest of the world gets to know. The United Nations most happy nations league was won by small nations and right there amongst the winners was Switzerland. They do have four distinct regions with their own language, so there is plenty to disagree about, but the Swiss prefer to devolve and keep devolving until concensus is reached.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBasie View Post
    Give them a vote whenever they want one. I'm a great believer that small nations are more efficient, more peaceful and more contented than big ones. If they do have problems then they get them sorted before the rest of the world gets to know. The United Nations most happy nations league was won by small nations and right there amongst the winners was Switzerland. They do have four distinct regions with their own language, so there is plenty to disagree about, but the Swiss prefer to devolve and keep devolving until concensus is reached.

What utter tosh.

The Jocks are a conundrum of discrepancies in all they say.

1. They claim England abuses/under values them. Yet get £1600 per head more in capita than English folk.
    2. They claim West Minster holds too much power over them, yet want to give it Brussels.
    3. They claim they are being with held their rights and promises, yet break their promise of a once in a life time vote.

Lets look at Sturgeons position.
    Wants away from the UK to rule themselves, yet is willing to surrender sovereignty to the EU?
    They would have to join the queue to join the EU(10 years at least) Even if they do get in, they would have to have a hard border with the UK as it stands.
    They would have no currency. Can't have the Euro, until a member. Pound Sterling has been denied them.
    80% of their trade is within the UK, but Sturgeon thinks 11% of EU trade is for their future.
    Oil market has crashed and is forecast to not rise for at least 5-10 years.
    Out of NATO
    Armed forces bases, stripped and removed

Personally, I'd like to see them **** off. The delusions of the SNP are nauseating at least. To see Sturgeon, drag 5 million people into third world status, would be quite funny.
    However, the Jocks aren't that thick. This is the beginning of the end of the SNP. Once the UK Brexits, then Scotland would know it has no choice but to remain. The very reason the SNP was born, would be irrelevant.
    All in all. The hot air from the ginger ****s mouth, is just a smoke screen from her parties failure in office.
    Education/health/jobs, all in disarray.
    Like the Argies in 1982, what we need is a good distraction. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    What utter tosh.

The Jocks are a conundrum of discrepancies in all they say.

1. They claim England abuses/under values them. Yet get £1600 per head more in capita than English folk.
    2. They claim West Minster holds too much power over them, yet want to give it Brussels.
    3. They claim they are being with held their rights and promises, yet break their promise of a once in a life time vote.

Lets look at Sturgeons position.
    Wants away from the UK to rule themselves, yet is willing to surrender sovereignty to the EU?
    They would have to join the queue to join the EU(10 years at least) Even if they do get in, they would have to have a hard border with the UK as it stands.
    They would have no currency. Can't have the Euro, until a member. Pound Sterling has been denied them.
    80% of their trade is within the UK, but Sturgeon thinks 11% of EU trade is for their future.
    Oil market has crashed and is forecast to not rise for at least 5-10 years.
    Out of NATO
    Armed forces bases, stripped and removed

Personally, I'd like to see them **** off. The delusions of the SNP are nauseating at least. To see Sturgeon, drag 5 million people into third world status, would be quite funny.
    However, the Jocks aren't that thick. This is the beginning of the end of the SNP. Once the UK Brexits, then Scotland would know it has no choice but to remain. The very reason the SNP was born, would be irrelevant.
    All in all. The hot air from the ginger ****s mouth, is just a smoke screen from her parties failure in office.
    Education/health/jobs, all in disarray.
    Like the Argies in 1982, what we need is a good distraction. Any ideas?
    I don't think another Falklands would be a good idea in this age of austerity caused by greedy bankers and tax avoiders. It would just again give out the idea that although we can make cuts after cuts, we can still afford to go to war. If we are to solve the internal differences within the UK I definitely would not take any advice from Tricky, He is so anti-foreigner that he does not like the Scottish, Irish or Welsh. I don't think he even likes the English. He has this vision of a super Britain/Uk bossing the world, an idea which is no longer feasible or desirable. Three of the four home countries now have their own parliaments and now in England regional differences are showing. So now Tricky in order to solve the problem please tell us any country in world you admire and we should aspire to, and don't say The Disunited Kingdom.
    Last edited by RedBasie; 18-03-2017 at 08:16 AM.

I don't think another Falklands would be a good idea in this age of austerity caused by greedy bankers and tax avoiders. It would just again give out the idea that although we can make cuts after cuts, we can still afford to go to war. If we are to solve the internal differences within the UK I definitely would not take any advice from Tricky, He is so anti-foreigner that he does not like the Scottish, Irish or Welsh. I don't think he even likes the English.

1. wtf are you on about. Perhaps the analogy went right over you wrinkled skull?
    2. Coming from you, a self loathing, anti British apologist calling me anti foreigner? I am a Nationalist and very proud to say so.
    Scotland under the guise of the SNP, is a racist anti English party with an agenda of divide and conquer.
    So put your hearing aid in, get out the Bi focal's and learn something.
    You really are an embarrassment at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I don't think another Falklands would be a good idea in this age of austerity caused by greedy bankers and tax avoiders. It would just again give out the idea that although we can make cuts after cuts, we can still afford to go to war. If we are to solve the internal differences within the UK I definitely would not take any advice from Tricky, He is so anti-foreigner that he does not like the Scottish, Irish or Welsh. I don't think he even likes the English.

1. wtf are you on about. Perhaps the analogy went right over you wrinkled skull?
    2. Coming from you, a self loathing, anti British apologist calling me anti foreigner? I am a Nationalist and very proud to say so.
    Scotland under the guise of the SNP, is a racist anti English party with an agenda of divide and conquer.
    So put your hearing aid in, get out the Bi focal's and learn something.
    You really are an embarrassment at times.
    Learn what? A nationalist by it's own definition is Anti-Foreigner. I'm pro those who care and all creatures we share the planet with plus anybody out there who we share the Cosmos with. Samuel Johnson once said that patriotism was the last resort of a scoundrel , to which Bob Dylan added " Steal a little and they throw you in jail. Steal a lot and they make you a king."

Quote Originally Posted by RedBasie View Post
    Learn what? A nationalist by it's own definition is Anti-Foreigner. I'm pro those who care and all creatures we share the planet with plus anybody out there who we share the Cosmos with. Samuel Johnson once said that patriotism was the last resort of a scoundrel , to which Bob Dylan added " Steal a little and they throw you in jail. Steal a lot and they make you a king."
    Well congratulations Basie, another topic, skewed off at a tangent into Basie universe.
    I'll play with you a bit longer though. I like to do my bit for the senile.

Definition of nationalism
    : loyalty and devotion to a nation; especially : a sense of national consciousness (see consciousness 1c) exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or supranational groups

Says nothing about being anti foreigner. It says, sense of loyalty and wanting the best for your own people.
    Not shut every foreigner out.

Can I just point out for you, something that you seem to be ignoring?

SNP- Scottish NATIONAL Party.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/opinio...c_nationalism/
    I on the other hand regard Nationalism to be a United Kingdom.

Dumb ****

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)