+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is the end..

This is the end..

Its been a great ride since 1991, but its all over folks..

I'd have a drink to mark the moment if I wasn't teetotal.

Get off your horse and drink your milk ..

I'm not usually a pessimist, Saxo, but I suspect it's going to be almost impossible to survive now. I really thought we would be up for this game, but it sounds as if the Barnsley team was in complete control.
    The "bounce" effect is well and truly over. Maybe we have to face the fact that this group of players simply isn't good enough.
    Will we be able to come straight up again, on the back of youth-talent? I doubt it, to be honest, because it's a big step up to senior football.
    I wonder how many of us will still be here on Roversmad next season.

It's not over until the fat lady sings.. KTF

I will be here Aucks,we can talk rugby league if you want instead of football.

What happened the other night Alf, losing at home to a team like Cas
    Cas & Wakey are my two neighbours and I cant stand either of them to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Its been a great ride since 1991, but its all over folks..

I'd have a drink to mark the moment if I wasn't teetotal.
    Don't be daft its just the beginning..

What happened anyway in 1991, do you mean your promotion under Kenny Dalglish in season 1991-92 ?
    Remember the match at Oakwell that season, it was a rare home win for us and our manager Mel Machin started throwing punches at your assistant boss, the late Ray Harford.

Yep, I pretty much expect it is now. Didn't get on today, which by reading reports was a lucky escape. By that I mean that our squad just didn't put up the required performance/challenge the situation demanded. And for that simple reason it tells me that this squad have thrown the towel in. Given the degraded ramshackle collection that's been bestowed on us by Venkys, is it really any surprise, I mean come on Wes Brown ???
    As we have all (or most all) believed the 'infection' has really ingrained itself to the very core of the club. Listening to TM's depressed post match interview I think that conclusion has suddenly hit home to him.
    However, I am myself going to be re visiting third tier football and it's something not unfamiliar to me. But with Venkys in charge!!! Well that's a different story.

Despair (and any other home fan on here), did you want Tony Mowbray as your new boss to begin with ? I think he screwed things up badly at Cov in Lg One and I was surprised when your team hired him.

Ive been disappointed at our run of draws and defeats since January so I wouldnt have predicted our win today, and I was shocked at what a good start we made with the 2 goals in the first 10 minutes.

Acido.. Duncan shearer opened the scoring for us, but you scored twice to win. Player called Andy rammell if memory serves me right. I remember the scrap too! I was there. Happy days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)