+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nottingham Forest vs Derby County

There was only one team wetting it's pants yesterday, glad you've finally accepted your the lesser city

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    There was only one team wetting it's pants yesterday, glad you've finally accepted your the lesser city
    Whilst you do not posses the mental capability to distinguish the simple difference between "you're" and "your," I refuse to believe even you can't see your contradicting statements.

On second thoughts...

The whole Forest bench did a Klopp and ran to the corner flag lol

We shall now call it "draw against Derby cup" haha

tbf it was a good point for you, and I don't blame you I'd have done the same....

Well look on the bright side chaps, you've retained the Clough Trophy. Your only piece of silverware in 42 years. Stenny was still swimming back then!!

I think it sums up the whole ethos of the two clubs when the supporters of one are crowing about a home draw and the other is disappointed with an away draw. Keep aiming low, Reds!

I fail to see what ethos you're talking about Andy.
    In this division, the goal of almost every club ( except perhaps for Tier 3 clubs that won promotion) is Premiership or bust. It makes no difference if you finished 3rd through 6th and lost the playoffs and any position below that.
    Only position 1, 2 and PO winners matter.
    And there's little to take from failing into the next season. It starts from scratch all over again.
    At the end of the day, both our clubs failed.
    Nothing to gloat, nothing to take pride in.
    That's my ethos, I hope it's yours too.

Not strictly true, some clubs see success as staying in the division, others are content with challenging for promotion and a top 6 finish is realistic.

There are clearly a number of clubs for whom the goal is not promotion or bust and clearly some who have had that goal and got bust instead!

I'm happy as a fan that I watch a club that has had something to play for in 3 out of the last 4 seasons until the at least the last normal match.

As for your club, true you start again next season, assuming you escape relegation this season, but you must be hoping for better than recent years, maybe mid table or top 10 next season? that would be a realistic goal and be success i'd say.

Yeah I bet burton are really kicking themselves on missing out on a play off spot, next year it is for them then romanis

Fair dos swale. I was perhaps over generalising. Perhaps 75% to 80% would have varying chances. However that still doesn't excuse Stenny for failing to understand. Burton being a promoted team like RUFC would set their goal for staying up as I stated quite clearly.

But even if we did better next season. Top 10 as you say maybe even as your team, in with a shout until the final day, our goal as would be yours is promotion. Anything less, whether close or far, has to be considered failure.

Premiership or bust. And we've been busted 18 years and counting.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)