shopify analytics
+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arsene Wenger

Arsene Wenger

Looks like his time is finally up.
    He has done some wonderful things at Arsenal but that's all in the past.

Like em or loathe em, Arsenal should not be getting beaten by the small clubs in the way they did today. It will be classed as a humiliation.

Shocking.

Can't see any way in which Arsenal offers him a new contract after the season. He's still got the FA Cup to potentially go out on a high note. Don't know how they'll qualify for UCL play either. All team above playing better and ManU could move ahead of them with a win this weekend.

Great manager, but sometimes it passes you by. It's hard to be elite in your field for decades. Very few are capable of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Can't see any way in which Arsenal offers him a new contract after the season. He's still got the FA Cup to potentially go out on a high note. Don't know how they'll qualify for UCL play either. All team above playing better and ManU could move ahead of them with a win this weekend.

Great manager, but sometimes it passes you by. It's hard to be elite in your field for decades. Very few are capable of it.
    When you have convinced yourself that bang average players like Walcott, Welbeck and Iwobi are top level strikers you have seriously lost the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    When you have convinced yourself that bang average players like Walcott, Welbeck and Iwobi are top level strikers you have seriously lost the plot.
    I think that's a very good way of looking at it.

It shows how fickle football is. He has constantly got them into the top four in 20 seasons, he turned them from a very boring 1-0 to the Arsenal club, into the most attractive side in the prem. He took them through an whole season without defeat in the worlds toughest league. He bought players like Henri at a modest price and sold him for triple the money.
    Under his management Arsenal moved from the overated Highbury to a 60,000 super stadium.
    He won all the domestic honours but unfortunately couldn't do the same in Europe.Which i think is the main disillusionment with him.
    If he had never been Arsenals manager and you took away all his achievements what would be left?
    But the game as always been fickle, as ironically you have a statue of a man who served you admirably through your best ever spell both as a player and manager, and who got the sack after one bad season.
    Me, i am happy our little club is once again one of the top clubs in the land,and getting better season by season, while so called big clubs are doing their best to stay out of the third tier once more.

Been away for the weekend?