shopify analytics
+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: We are right in the **** now

  1. #1

    We are right in the **** now

    Name:  IMG-20170318-WA0003.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  79.0 KB

  2. #2
    Where was Robinson today? Suspended ?

    We were the better team in the first half, very unlucky not to sink at least two then of course one mistake at the back (imo keeper at fault rushing out like a lunatic) and we get punished.

    2nd half came out with a defeatist attitude, heads down and completely lost our way.
    The penalty was stupid, he could only cut the ball back from that tight angle, no need to foul him. Their winger was causing Mercer problems all game. Why did we not put a extra body on him?

    Taking Dykes off was crazy. We were lacking service and Dom Thomas was a passenger all game. Straight easy swap, Connor Murray on early who when eventually did get on did more in 5 minutes than Thomas did all game!


    I dont think we are in risk of a relegation battle but we have definitely lost our way for the 2nd spell of the season.

  3. #3
    Got to say Deek that Atkinson was NOT to blame for the goals . I am a little tired of all this now as I have seen too much now and realise we won't ever really be any good . I will still go to every game and love this club so much ( maybe too much) but am withdrawing my views on the site . Other things on the horizon now . Cheers anyway.

  4. #4
    It's turning into a truly dismal season indeed. We've had worse on paper but I can't remember ever feeling this deflated before in all the years I've supported Queens. Two false dawns and the way we screwed up the chance to appear in a cup final have taken their toll. Aye well, there's always next term....

  5. #5
    To be fair I dont think there was much else Atkinson could do...tried to close the angle and there was no one else anywhere near the scorer and it didn't work. From where I was the penalty looked a bit soft but not much you can do.

    Fully expect Gary Naismith to say that we cant keep conceding soft goals like we did today the only problem is that we keep conceding them. More worrying today was the apathy from the players and the apathy from the Queens fans didn't get the attendance but it didn't feel there were too many Queens fans there but then again of late the team have been giving them little to go for.

    Walked home tonight thinking I wont be back this season but I know I'll be there against Dundee

  6. #6
    Official line was that Robinson was injured!!
    Naysmith wasn't a happy man and once again pointed the finger at poor defending. Also said that there were players there who did not play to their abilities.

    A major overhaul is required both off and on the pitch.


    Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Where was Robinson today? Suspended ? .

    We were the better team in the first half, very unlucky not to sink at least two then of course one mistake at the back (imo keeper at fault rushing out like a lunatic) and we get punished.

    2nd half came out with a defeatist attitude, heads down and completely lost our way.
    The penalty was stupid, he could only cut the ball back from that tight angle, no need to foul him. Their winger was causing Mercer problems all game. Why did we not put a extra body on him?

    Taking Dykes off was crazy. We were lacking service and Dom Thomas was a passenger all game. Straight easy swap, Connor Murray on early who when eventually did get on did more in 5 minutes than Thomas did all game!


    I dont think we are in risk of a relegation battle but we have definitely lost our way for the 2nd spell of the season.

  7. #7
    Atkinson - blameless
    Marshall - steady
    Mercer - ripped apart all afternoon
    Higgins & Dowie - solid
    Rankin - disappointing again
    Thomas & Thomson - decent
    Jacobs - pass marks
    Dykes - not good enough , goodbye
    Dobbie - anonymous

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,223
    Queens last two home games vs. Falkirk and St Mirren have been mirror images of each other. Both losing a goal at the end of the first half, then conceding a penalty in the second half.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,223
    Naysmith's record is now:

    Been in charge for 16 games.....Wins 4, Draws 5, Losses 7

    25% win record.....

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Atkinson - blameless
    Marshall - steady
    Mercer - ripped apart all afternoon
    Higgins & Dowie - solid
    Rankin - disappointing again
    Thomas & Thomson - decent
    Jacobs - pass marks
    Dykes - not good enough , goodbye
    Dobbie - anonymous
    ...

    Summed up exactly as I saw it as well aloreburn.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Atkinson - blameless
    Marshall - steady
    Mercer - ripped apart all afternoon
    Higgins & Dowie - solid
    Rankin - disappointing again
    Thomas & Thomson - decent
    Jacobs - pass marks
    Dykes - not good enough , goodbye
    Dobbie - anonymous
    Pretty fair assessment in my view. I would say in Mercer's defence that he was needlessly exposed all afternoon with no one playing right midfield to help him deal with the quickest and trickiest winger I have seen all season.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,223
    If every team in the league's first six results are discounted, when Queens were riding high at the top, Queens would be bottom of the league on 19 points from the other 23 games of the season so far, along with Ayr, who have played a game less.

  13. #13
    Naysmith admitting in a scathing report of the team's performance in today's Sunday Mail that if this form continues we could very well
    get dragged into a relegation battle - huge game against Raith Rovers next week - one of our nearest rivals pointswise.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Naysmith's record is now:

    Been in charge for 16 games.....Wins 4, Draws 5, Losses 7

    25% win record.....
    Yep but it`s all the players fault according to our manager. Not a single thought that he might have some responsibility.
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...irren-10055035

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Yep but it`s all the players fault according to our manager. Not a single thought that he might have some responsibility.
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...irren-10055035
    Interestingly, Naysmith (or is that NayWins or not many) has the same win percentage at present as Jim Thomson's time in temporary charge.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Naysmith admitting in a scathing report of the team's performance in today's Sunday Mail that if this form continues we could very well
    get dragged into a relegation battle - huge game against Raith Rovers next week - one of our nearest rivals pointswise.
    I wasn't going to trek to the Kingdom of Fife next weekend after yesterday but I have yet to visit Stark's Park. I hope that Raith open the stand behind the goal for the away support, instead of having the away fans in a corner with a restricted view over near the tunnel?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I wasn't going to trek to the Kingdom of Fife next weekend after yesterday but I have yet to visit Stark's Park. I hope that Raith open the stand behind the goal for the away support, instead of having the away fans in a corner with a restricted view over near the tunnel?
    A restricted view might be a plus in all honesty.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Atkinson - blameless
    Marshall - steady
    Mercer - ripped apart all afternoon
    Higgins & Dowie - solid
    Rankin - disappointing again
    Thomas & Thomson - decent
    Jacobs - pass marks
    Dykes - not good enough , goodbye
    Dobbie - anonymous

    Thomas decent? He was the one who should have been helping out Mercer!
    He never created a single thing either. He was just anonymous. As i said further up, Connor Murray came on and created 3 excellent crosses within 5 minutes, more than what Thomas did all game!

    Its ok the manager blaming defence but we play one up front and hope they can make miracles happen with hardly any support.
    That game was lost because we never took our chances in the first half.

    Manager wants to knock this one up front on the head because its not working

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    A restricted view might be a plus in all honesty.
    Could well be actually.

  20. #20
    Stop the world. JRS wants to get off. I was settling down to watch Dundee v Celtic on my I-pad but found I had time to spare so I thought I'd have a (now rare) look at the MAD site after yesterday's defeat and there it was - JRS posting, "I now realise that we won't ever be any good. I....am withdrawing my views on this site". This was a Damascene conversion, and no doubt. Oh, how JRS (and others who now seem to be similarly converted) pilloried me over the years for consistently suggesting exactly that. I have posted so often that Queens are, at best, a mid-table Championship team that is more likely to be relegated than promoted; that the secret for supporting a team like Queen of the South is to manage one's expectations. Clearly, JRS failed to do that: in other words he could not accept that Queens are just another small provincial club going nowhere, forever struggling to keep its head above water.
    Equally, when Gary Naysmith was appointed I was pilloried, not for condemning the appointment, rather for querying how, with his modest managerial CV, he had managed to persuade the Board that he was the right man for the job. Four wins out of sixteen games in charge would suggest that he is simply another from the managerial merry-go-round: and it may not have escaped your attention that East Fife are occupying a much healthier league position now than they were when Naysmith was in charge. Perhaps my contact in Fife was right when he informed me at the time of the appointment that East Fife's gain was our loss.
    Is there a bigger pain in the neck than a smart Alec who turns out to be right????
    JRS and I disagreed on many issues but he will be a loss to this site. I wish him well. At my age, I have learned never to say never but like JRS I doubt if I'll be back - certainly not in the near future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •