+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We are right in the **** now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

We are right in the **** now

Name:  IMG-20170318-WA0003.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  79.0 KB

Where was Robinson today? Suspended ?

We were the better team in the first half, very unlucky not to sink at least two then of course one mistake at the back (imo keeper at fault rushing out like a lunatic) and we get punished.

2nd half came out with a defeatist attitude, heads down and completely lost our way.
    The penalty was stupid, he could only cut the ball back from that tight angle, no need to foul him. Their winger was causing Mercer problems all game. Why did we not put a extra body on him?

Taking Dykes off was crazy. We were lacking service and Dom Thomas was a passenger all game. Straight easy swap, Connor Murray on early who when eventually did get on did more in 5 minutes than Thomas did all game!

I dont think we are in risk of a relegation battle but we have definitely lost our way for the 2nd spell of the season.

Got to say Deek that Atkinson was NOT to blame for the goals . I am a little tired of all this now as I have seen too much now and realise we won't ever really be any good . I will still go to every game and love this club so much ( maybe too much) but am withdrawing my views on the site . Other things on the horizon now . Cheers anyway.

It's turning into a truly dismal season indeed. We've had worse on paper but I can't remember ever feeling this deflated before in all the years I've supported Queens. Two false dawns and the way we screwed up the chance to appear in a cup final have taken their toll. Aye well, there's always next term....

To be fair I dont think there was much else Atkinson could do...tried to close the angle and there was no one else anywhere near the scorer and it didn't work. From where I was the penalty looked a bit soft but not much you can do.

Fully expect Gary Naismith to say that we cant keep conceding soft goals like we did today the only problem is that we keep conceding them. More worrying today was the apathy from the players and the apathy from the Queens fans didn't get the attendance but it didn't feel there were too many Queens fans there but then again of late the team have been giving them little to go for.

Walked home tonight thinking I wont be back this season but I know I'll be there against Dundee

Quote Originally Posted by Doonhammer_NI View Post
    To be fair I dont think there was much else Atkinson could do...tried to close the angle and there was no one else anywhere near the scorer and it didn't work. From where I was the penalty looked a bit soft but not much you can do.

Fully expect Gary Naismith to say that we cant keep conceding soft goals like we did today the only problem is that we keep conceding them. More worrying today was the apathy from the players and the apathy from the Queens fans didn't get the attendance but it didn't feel there were too many Queens fans there but then again of late the team have been giving them little to go for.

Walked home tonight thinking I wont be back this season but I know I'll be there against Dundee
    I hope not as Queens will be playing Arabs that day but all means go to the Dens Park club's match. LOL

Stop the world. JRS wants to get off. I was settling down to watch Dundee v Celtic on my I-pad but found I had time to spare so I thought I'd have a (now rare) look at the MAD site after yesterday's defeat and there it was - JRS posting, "I now realise that we won't ever be any good. I....am withdrawing my views on this site". This was a Damascene conversion, and no doubt. Oh, how JRS (and others who now seem to be similarly converted) pilloried me over the years for consistently suggesting exactly that. I have posted so often that Queens are, at best, a mid-table Championship team that is more likely to be relegated than promoted; that the secret for supporting a team like Queen of the South is to manage one's expectations. Clearly, JRS failed to do that: in other words he could not accept that Queens are just another small provincial club going nowhere, forever struggling to keep its head above water.
    Equally, when Gary Naysmith was appointed I was pilloried, not for condemning the appointment, rather for querying how, with his modest managerial CV, he had managed to persuade the Board that he was the right man for the job. Four wins out of six**** games in charge would suggest that he is simply another from the managerial merry-go-round: and it may not have escaped your attention that East Fife are occupying a much healthier league position now than they were when Naysmith was in charge. Perhaps my contact in Fife was right when he informed me at the time of the appointment that East Fife's gain was our loss.
    Is there a bigger pain in the neck than a smart Alec who turns out to be right????
    JRS and I disagreed on many issues but he will be a loss to this site. I wish him well. At my age, I have learned never to say never but like JRS I doubt if I'll be back - certainly not in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell View Post
    Stop the world. JRS wants to get off. I was settling down to watch Dundee v Celtic on my I-pad but found I had time to spare so I thought I'd have a (now rare) look at the MAD site after yesterday's defeat and there it was - JRS posting, "I now realise that we won't ever be any good. I....am withdrawing my views on this site". This was a Damascene conversion, and no doubt. Oh, how JRS (and others who now seem to be similarly converted) pilloried me over the years for consistently suggesting exactly that. I have posted so often that Queens are, at best, a mid-table Championship team that is more likely to be relegated than promoted; that the secret for supporting a team like Queen of the South is to manage one's expectations. Clearly, JRS failed to do that: in other words he could not accept that Queens are just another small provincial club going nowhere, forever struggling to keep its head above water.
    Equally, when Gary Naysmith was appointed I was pilloried, not for condemning the appointment, rather for querying how, with his modest managerial CV, he had managed to persuade the Board that he was the right man for the job. Four wins out of six**** games in charge would suggest that he is simply another from the managerial merry-go-round: and it may not have escaped your attention that East Fife are occupying a much healthier league position now than they were when Naysmith was in charge. Perhaps my contact in Fife was right when he informed me at the time of the appointment that East Fife's gain was our loss.
    Is there a bigger pain in the neck than a smart Alec who turns out to be right????
    JRS and I disagreed on many issues but he will be a loss to this site. I wish him well. At my age, I have learned never to say never but like JRS I doubt if I'll be back - certainly not in the near future.
    Queens were interested in Barry Smith as well. Do you mean this site or Queens games?

JR, I spoke to you only last Tuesday and you were surprised when I pointed out that I reckoned St. Mirren would beat Dundee Utd and then Raith would probably beat Utd too, - meaning that if we beat St. Mirren we would be just a few points behind Utd. However, I also pointed out that St. Mirren will not be relegated and that they will win the Challenge Cup and you were surprised!

How can you be surprised that a team fighting for their life managed to beat us on Saturday? To be fair Queens should have been 2-0 up at half time and 4 or 5-0 was not out of the question, - but one shot on target and a soft penalty changed the match and begged only one question: Why did Naysmith not remove the ineffective Dykes immediately and try to chase the game? Young Connor was excellent, but brought on too late.

We will need to watch our backs now, - and could still be relegated, - but we could also still get that 4h spot. We play Dundee Utd on April 1st and I think they will be the Fools that day.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    JR, I spoke to you only last Tuesday and you were surprised when I pointed out that I reckoned St. Mirren would beat Dundee Utd and then Raith would probably beat Utd too, - meaning that if we beat St. Mirren we would be just a few points behind Utd. However, I also pointed out that St. Mirren will not be relegated and that they will win the Challenge Cup and you were surprised!

How can you be surprised that a team fighting for their life managed to beat us on Saturday? To be fair Queens should have been 2-0 up at half time and 4 or 5-0 was not out of the question, - but one shot on target and a soft penalty changed the match and begged only one question: Why did Naysmith not remove the ineffective Dykes immediately and try to chase the game? Young Connor was excellent, but brought on too late.

We will need to watch our backs now, - and could still be relegated, - but we could also still get that 4h spot. We play Dundee Utd on April 1st and I think they will be the Fools that day.
    Jardi-do you not think that Queens had the upper hand in the first half because we had a big physical forward who was capable of winning as well as holding the ball up bringing other into the game? That guy in the first half was Dykes whose presence was a handful for those big uncompromising centre halves of St Mirren. Although this resulted in Queens playing an aerial game it was much more effective than when Lyle plays that role and wins next to nothing just occasionally flicking the ball onwards to no one. Why he did not do this in the second half I do not understand and yes he could have been hooked.
    As for the fourth play off position this does seem a long shot but you never know with our club.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)