+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: We are right in the **** now

Absolutely Albertz, - take a look at the remaining fixtures for the whole of the Championship and I wouldn't like to place anyone.......... apart from Hibs who will definitely be in 1st place. Morton and Falkirk will contend 2nd and 3rd places, - but I honestly couldn't say who will be in what position thereafter!

Dundee Utd will (I think) be beaten on Saturday by St. Mirren (in the Challenge Cup) and their season will be over, - with their confidence completely shot! Dundee Utd then have a difficult mid week fixture before facing us at Palmerston, - so a couple of wins for Queens could place them under real pressure.

Equally, - as JR suggests, another couple of defeats for Queens, - and we really would be in very deep trouble indeed.

This is not the time to think the season is over..........far from it. Just who would place a bet on the final positions of this year's Championship?

Indeed why don't we have that as a new thread?

Jardi , even before Saturday's result it looks like many fans have turned their backs on Queens . I was quite embarrassed how few were standing on the terracing

With only 7 games remaining the last thing we need is the support turning its back on the club during our time of need

I now sit in the main stand as you get a better view of the game. I would suggest Naysmith spectates from the same vantage point.

We were in free fall the latter half of when Skeleton was still in charge. Some of you have short memories

St Mirren ripped their team apart and spent the cash. Don't be fooled by their current league position.

I'll not lie to you , I'm very nervous about the end to our season . All the teams below us are fighting for their life's and if we don't get our act together we could find ourselves in the relegation zone .
    Saturday's game is one we can't afford to lose . All of a sudden the pressures on Naysmith to get things right after I thought we'd turned the corner . The last 4 games have been unacceptable

bashe60 is correct about the dwindling attendances - only 1,188 Queens fans there on Saturday is a worrying figure
    for the Palmy directors.

540 St Mirren supporters is a decent following from the Paisley Buddies.

Last time of what I would call a decent seasonal average crowd was away back in 1963 - 64 when it was 4,153. However these days are long, long gone and even half the Premiership teams in Scotland nowadays struggle to get that figure for their home games unless the Old Firm are the visitors.

This seasons average after 15 games is 1,918 ( 1,512 home & 406 away fans )

I update the average league attendances after every league match throughout the season on Wiki.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)