+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We are right in the **** now

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Atkinson - blameless
    Marshall - steady
    Mercer - ripped apart all afternoon
    Higgins & Dowie - solid
    Rankin - disappointing again
    Thomas & Thomson - decent
    Jacobs - pass marks
    Dykes - not good enough , goodbye
    Dobbie - anonymous
    Pretty fair assessment in my view. I would say in Mercer's defence that he was needlessly exposed all afternoon with no one playing right midfield to help him deal with the quickest and trickiest winger I have seen all season.

If every team in the league's first six results are discounted, when Queens were riding high at the top, Queens would be bottom of the league on 19 points from the other 23 games of the season so far, along with Ayr, who have played a game less.

Naysmith admitting in a scathing report of the team's performance in today's Sunday Mail that if this form continues we could very well
    get dragged into a relegation battle - huge game against Raith Rovers next week - one of our nearest rivals pointswise.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Naysmith's record is now:

Been in charge for 16 games.....Wins 4, Draws 5, Losses 7

25% win record.....
    Yep but it`s all the players fault according to our manager. Not a single thought that he might have some responsibility.
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...irren-10055035

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Yep but it`s all the players fault according to our manager. Not a single thought that he might have some responsibility.
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...irren-10055035
    Interestingly, Naysmith (or is that NayWins or not many) has the same win percentage at present as Jim Thomson's time in temporary charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Naysmith admitting in a scathing report of the team's performance in today's Sunday Mail that if this form continues we could very well
    get dragged into a relegation battle - huge game against Raith Rovers next week - one of our nearest rivals pointswise.
    I wasn't going to trek to the Kingdom of Fife next weekend after yesterday but I have yet to visit Stark's Park. I hope that Raith open the stand behind the goal for the away support, instead of having the away fans in a corner with a restricted view over near the tunnel?

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I wasn't going to trek to the Kingdom of Fife next weekend after yesterday but I have yet to visit Stark's Park. I hope that Raith open the stand behind the goal for the away support, instead of having the away fans in a corner with a restricted view over near the tunnel?
    A restricted view might be a plus in all honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Atkinson - blameless
    Marshall - steady
    Mercer - ripped apart all afternoon
    Higgins & Dowie - solid
    Rankin - disappointing again
    Thomas & Thomson - decent
    Jacobs - pass marks
    Dykes - not good enough , goodbye
    Dobbie - anonymous

Thomas decent? He was the one who should have been helping out Mercer!
    He never created a single thing either. He was just anonymous. As i said further up, Connor Murray came on and created 3 excellent crosses within 5 minutes, more than what Thomas did all game!

Its ok the manager blaming defence but we play one up front and hope they can make miracles happen with hardly any support.
    That game was lost because we never took our chances in the first half.

Manager wants to knock this one up front on the head because its not working

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    A restricted view might be a plus in all honesty.
    Could well be actually.

Stop the world. JRS wants to get off. I was settling down to watch Dundee v Celtic on my I-pad but found I had time to spare so I thought I'd have a (now rare) look at the MAD site after yesterday's defeat and there it was - JRS posting, "I now realise that we won't ever be any good. I....am withdrawing my views on this site". This was a Damascene conversion, and no doubt. Oh, how JRS (and others who now seem to be similarly converted) pilloried me over the years for consistently suggesting exactly that. I have posted so often that Queens are, at best, a mid-table Championship team that is more likely to be relegated than promoted; that the secret for supporting a team like Queen of the South is to manage one's expectations. Clearly, JRS failed to do that: in other words he could not accept that Queens are just another small provincial club going nowhere, forever struggling to keep its head above water.
    Equally, when Gary Naysmith was appointed I was pilloried, not for condemning the appointment, rather for querying how, with his modest managerial CV, he had managed to persuade the Board that he was the right man for the job. Four wins out of six**** games in charge would suggest that he is simply another from the managerial merry-go-round: and it may not have escaped your attention that East Fife are occupying a much healthier league position now than they were when Naysmith was in charge. Perhaps my contact in Fife was right when he informed me at the time of the appointment that East Fife's gain was our loss.
    Is there a bigger pain in the neck than a smart Alec who turns out to be right????
    JRS and I disagreed on many issues but he will be a loss to this site. I wish him well. At my age, I have learned never to say never but like JRS I doubt if I'll be back - certainly not in the near future.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)