+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reasons to be cheerful

Reasons to be cheerful

Okay, didn't see it at all because I'm about 3000 miles away but...
    1. We didn't lose.
    2. We fought back after a bad, confidence sapping start.
    3. We conceded yet another ridiculously late goal.
    Yes I know the last one seems odd but at least it means Gary Rowett isn't seen as some sort of quick fix...a magical panacea for all our ills. Our ability to concede last minute goals and lose ***** points has been a problem all season and has cost us a top six place at least. It suggests a lack of 'bottle' and leadership...no knowledge of how to see a match out. Now the new manager has first hand and painful experience of this problem he is more likely to recognise the need to address it and as long as that's done by the beginning of next season that can only be a good thing imo.

So go on tell us?

Where are you?

Spot on ramAnag.

Reasons to be cheerful, here's one; I'm glad clough isn't still in charge, 3-1 and they f***** it up!

Burton had a real good chance, to go 4 points clear of the relegation zone but as usual, same old Nigel makes too many substitutions and changed the balance that played into Brentford's hands.

We have now got a week to reflect on improvements for the next match against QPR, during the International break, so it gives Rowett time to settle down and take things into perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    So go on tell us?

Where are you?
    Trumpton!

Having calmed down from the disappointment of conceding (Again!) I'm optimistic with that 2nd half performance. That's the first time in ages we've put bodies on the line (they should have been 2 up before half time) and that's the first time all season we've attacked at pace, we did go for the killer 3rd but it didn't come (down to their goalie) and we sat back late on which is understandable away from home. Rowett got a reaction from them and for that I'm positive.

And I love the fact he's wound up a few of there lot with his ref comments, I like it when a manager blames the ref, it deflects the attention a little. Rowett's black and white army!!!!

Apparently some of them lot were calling for Warburton's head when they didn't agree with a substitution, fickle or frigging what and they were leaving the ground with 15 mind to play, great support for your new manager, I'll give him 6 months

They were booing him, for subbing Clough and replacing him with McCormack but they managed to nick out a draw in the dying stages. Forest are not out of the scrap yet, the Red Dogs were feeling the pressure and you could sense that from the boo's they gave. They had a "Great Escape" today but they have got some tough away fixtures that will really test them on their survival skills.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)