+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Consistently inconsistent

Consistently inconsistent

Or are we safe yet?

If we now carry on as we have in the Artell/Lunt era, surely we must be close to being safe. Even if we continue to disappoint against clubs around or below is in the league, we'll pick up enough points to avoid the disastrous drop?

How many points do we think we need to be safe?

Here's to 3 more in Cumbria next Saturday.
    COYRs!

2 more wins should do it especially if Orient lose 6 more points tomorrow at the tribunal

I agree - two wins should see us safe.

I think that we are probably safe now, but 6 points would make everyone "feel" safe. After all there is always the "what if" scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post
    I think that we are probably safe now, but 6 points would make everyone "feel" safe. After all there is always the "what if" scenarios.
    Agree with both parts of this - no-one's gone down with 46 points since automatic relegation for 2 teams came in, but what if ........

I recall Barnet going down with 50 points and thinking how unfortunate they were. Is my memory letting me down?

Below are the points scored by the next to bottom team that were relegated, so as you can see even 51 points are not enough sometimes. I suppose a lower total may be due to runaway leaders, which we haven't really got this season so a higher points than say40+ points may be needed

2016 34 pts
    2015 41 pts
    2014 50 pts on goal difference
    2013 51 pts on goal difference
    2012 44 pts
    2011 47 pts