shopify analytics
+ Visit Leeds United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pontus

Pontus

Can anyone shed light on why Pontus was dropped, i don't see where it was on poor performances as he didn't seem to have let it slip....A strange one, like when he didn't play last time supposedly because of a throat infection.

Dont know, but if he has a discipline or attitude problem then he needs to be dealt with, no matter who it is. There is a team spirit and togetherness at the minute that we have not seen for a long time, and we cant have 1 person upsetting that. And i dont buy into the thoughts that it was a tactical change but i hope it can be sorted out though.

I'm sure the internet will make up plenty of bull**** rumours for everyone to jump on

Here's one doing the rounds ............. https://roblufc.org/2017/03/19/leeds...-rob-atkinson/

As I stated in Brighton match Thread & reflecting on seeing his last few performances this'll be near the mark IMO.
    MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Here's one doing the rounds ............. https://roblufc.org/2017/03/19/leeds...-rob-atkinson/

As I stated in Brighton match Thread & reflecting on seeing his last few performances this'll be near the mark IMO.
    MOT
    Don't buy that, Jansson has been much more reserved recently and isn't even picking up yellows anymore, the example given in that article is Huddersfield away which was what, 10 games ago?

Don't buy the diminished performances either, he was outstanding against Fulham and Sheff Wed in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Don't buy that, Jansson has been much more reserved recently and isn't even picking up yellows anymore, the example given in that article is Huddersfield away which was what, 10 games ago?

Don't buy the diminished performances either, he was outstanding against Fulham and Sheff Wed in particular.
    At Fulham he got embroiled in a couple of 'mouthy' incidents that could have cost the composure of the team - right or wrong they wound him up.Dont get me wrong there's a time and place but he wound the whole place up and the atmosphere changed around my seats .........
    So I shall beg to differ with you on the article which overall is fair on a great player for us this season,IMO.
    MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    At Fulham he got embroiled in a couple of 'mouthy' incidents that could have cost the composure of the team - right or wrong they wound him up.Dont get me wrong there's a time and place but he wound the whole place up and the atmosphere changed around my seats .........
    So I shall beg to differ with you on the article which overall is fair on a great player for us this season,IMO.
    MOT
    Didn't effect his performance though as he kept us in that game alongside Bartley, I'd agree if he let it affect his performances but he doesn't.
    Last edited by joellufcprice; 20-03-2017 at 04:43 PM.

Doesn't matter what he did, it's between him and the manager to resolve. Monk and Jansson have done exactly what they should do in such circumstances, "what happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room" metaphorically speaking. Praise in public, b0ll0ck behind closed doors (And make sure it stays there!), well done the the both of them for being mature enough to move on.

Side before self.

The side seems better with him playing, but he needs his football head on so that he doesn't disrupt the rest of the players around him.

As said above, hopefully all dealt with behind closed doors and any problems are now resolved.

I like Pontus, me.

If we get enough of them, we'll go up.