shopify analytics
+ Visit Sheffield United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bollox or bombshell?

Bollox or bombshell?

Don't know if anyone noticed Simon Moore in a bit of discomfort after stretching to make a save Satdi? I noticed, but didn't give it another thought as Moore carried on, even taking goal kicks

Anyhows, someone's set the cat amongst the pigeons on S2:

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.ph...his-man.53374/

Pathetic o.p. (On S2). Why, given our current situation, somebody starts another thread which will inevitably bring some harsh comments about "one of our own", is beyond me. One suspects that the so called S11 blade isn't - or he's not very bright.
    Either way, a contemptable thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Pathetic o.p. (On S2). Why, given our current situation, somebody starts another thread which will inevitably bring some harsh comments about "one of our own", is beyond me. One suspects that the so called S11 blade isn't - or he's not very bright.
    Either way, a contemptable thread.
    Well said Ronaldo.If Moore did get injured we all need to behind George not slate the fella before he plays.I hope Moore dunt get injured(obviously) but if it did happen i'd be cheerin George.UTB

I really detest the scapegoating of our own players. Even if the kid has some problems in technique and isn't as good as our first choice (d'uh...) so long as he is selected by the manager, pulls on the shirt and gives his all, then we should stand behind him (and not with pitchforks...).

Besides, even with a far superior keeper we're still shipping plenty of goal. I wonder how Georges performances would have looked if we were conceding 2 but scoring 4 every week rather than meekly rolling over 2-0.

As you both say, let's hope all ok, but if not get behind GL it's crucial!

If Moore was genuinely injured surely he'd have come off? One thing we've learnt about Wilder is that he won't take the slightest risk and turn a minor injury into a long absence because of a player staying on the pitch too long. Moore didn't even have any attention.

I think the OP on S2 should make it clear if he's just taking the piss or has actually heard something, threads like that do us no good good whatsoever, and more importantly won't do Moore's replacement any good if Moore does miss the game.

Its utter bollox. As if the club would announce that a week before the next fixture. Some d1ck on S2 sh1tstriring me thinks.

hated the sarcastic cheers from our fans at the rochdale game when george made the mistake that led to their goal next time he caught it hope there all proud of themselves no hes not up to being a first choice yet but if moore gets injured hes the guy whos gonna be in goal for us possibly till end of season cmon blades if it happens lets get right behind the lad were almost there utb ftp !!

Hope its bollox as it was posted at 12.15 last night. Having said that a number of us did notice Moore going to ground in the second half. Long will get my full support if he comes in and 99% of all blades will do the same.That won't stop a number of us being concerned that Long will bring added uncertainty to a defence that is already shipping too many goals when comparing the shots per goal ratio.

Jake Wright has to be a shoe in now to guide Long through his jittery moments and provide the communication that Long does not bring. Never doubted Longs shot stopping ability, its his shrinking violet personality thats the problem when he makes a mistake. A wise old head like Wright alongside him should provide added confidence.

As others have said this may be an nothing story but if true it seems that the footballing gods are trying to take the piss again where the Blades are concerned. For me it was the one position we couldn't afford an injury.

yeah think we all thought chris would bring an experienced loan keeper in but he didnt so he must have faith in george i love the 3 5 2 formation and its got us where we are but just wonder if moore is out would we be safer reverting back to a back 4 might make us just that little bit more solid

Even if it is a bombshell in the making those slagging off Long should have their *******s chopped off.

Cock and Bull me hopes.

Long will be up for it if asked tho,Wilder has made a big difference to quite a few players this season,Long should not be excepted.

The OP on S2 ought to have his bollox cut off for instigating this. He knew full well it would lead to pro & anti Long replies. Cos thats what we need at this stage of the season aint it. Very smart......................NOT!

Oooo good, does this mean we get Boy "Calamity" George back in goal then! Absolutely love watching his cartoon moments!

Quote Originally Posted by RavBlade View Post
    The OP on S2 ought to have his bollox cut off for instigating this. He knew full well it would lead to pro & anti Long replies. Cos thats what we need at this stage of the season aint it. Very smart......................NOT!
    Agreed Rav

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Agreed Rav
    Are ya goin to Oldham on Satdi Blockers? UTB

Quote Originally Posted by RavBlade View Post
    Rubbish. He's injured, accept it. The "Oh so calamitous one" will be back soon, fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Are ya goin to Oldham on Satdi Blockers? UTB
    No sadly not

Matters not, the back line are far better than previous seasons and Wright can come in and be the organiser leaving Long to focus on shot stopping.

Nothing to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    No sadly not
    Part timer. UTB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast