shopify analytics
+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If that wuz us..........

If that wuz us..........

The "I'll wipe that smile off your smug faces" brigade are at it.
    I'm referring to the Dingles who, fed up of taking stick for supporting a cr'ap Club, while being jealous of their superior neighbours, are now resorting to:
    "If that wuz us, we'd be filling Molyneux and taking full allocation to Away games every week. We're far better supported than yow".

I love to see our games sold out personally, but having bigger and better support doesn't warrant a feeling of superiority - in fact it makes it even more of an achievement. We have a smaller, poorer, catchment area and Dingles don't have to compete with the Birmingham Clubs (as we do) to the East side of our area.
    But I do believe that the Black Country area between our 2 Towns will gradually change strip, as it were, as there is only so much humiliation that people can take!
    Because youngsters today tend to side with success, I can foresee an even greater gulf between the 2 rivals if things remain as they are.

(Only kidding! Wolves will return to the top table soon enough and we'll swop places. And when we're winning every week in The Championship the crowds will probably return. That's what happens.)

Fans do tend to watch a winning side whether they are in the top flight or not. There is a feel good factor whenever you win. Look at the support we had when trying to get out of the old 3rd division. Taylor and Hunt were banging in goals and winning games. We have had to scrap and fight and play percentage football for a good while to remain in the Premiership with the players at our disposal. Slowly we are beginning to play, still with the scrap for everything mentality but coupled with a bit of quality and some shrewd tactics. I for one would love maybe Chadli or Livermore to be able to take a throw in like De-lap used to for Stoke. I would be ecstatic if we scored another 10 goals a season from throw ins.

You have to give Wolves fans their due for turning up to see the rubbish they have been serving up. As said people like to see a winning side, but we have won 12 games already in a very difficult division. Our gates should be much better than they are.
    Albion fans have been fed a diet of pure football for most if not all of their lives, and the Pulis way has turned most people off.
    Also our inactivity in the transfer windows and indecisiveness about changing owners saw a fall in ST's. Once people stop going they are hard to get back, i can vouch for this personally.
    Don't forget Wolves made a lot of signings when their new owners took over, this would lead to expectation.

Hopefully, a good finish to the season and some decent signings in the summer should see ticket sales climb again.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    The "I'll wipe that smile off your smug faces" brigade are at it.
    I'm referring to the Dingles who, fed up of taking stick for supporting a cr'ap Club, while being jealous of their superior neighbours, are now resorting to:
    "If that wuz us, we'd be filling Molyneux and taking full allocation to Away games every week. We're far better supported than yow".

I love to see our games sold out personally, but having bigger and better support doesn't warrant a feeling of superiority - in fact it makes it even more of an achievement. We have a smaller, poorer, catchment area and Dingles don't have to compete with the Birmingham Clubs (as we do) to the East side of our area.
    But I do believe that the Black Country area between our 2 Towns will gradually change strip, as it were, as there is only so much humiliation that people can take!
    Because youngsters today tend to side with success, I can foresee an even greater gulf between the 2 rivals if things remain as they are.

(Only kidding! Wolves will return to the top table soon enough and we'll swop places. And when we're winning every week in The Championship the crowds will probably return. That's what happens.)
    wolves have a vast catchment area compaird to ours,all the way up to Stafford most of Walsall.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    wolves have a vast catchment area compaird to ours,all the way up to Stafford most of Walsall.
    The equivalent would be having Villa Park at Perton,and St Andrews at Bilbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    You have to give Wolves fans their due for turning up to see the rubbish they have been serving up. As said people like to see a winning side, but we have won 12 games already in a very difficult division. Our gates should be much better than they are.
    Albion fans have been fed a diet of pure football for most if not all of their lives, and the Pulis way has turned most people off.
    Also our inactivity in the transfer windows and indecisiveness about changing owners saw a fall in ST's. Once people stop going they are hard to get back, i can vouch for this personally.
    Don't forget Wolves made a lot of signings when their new owners took over, this would lead to expectation.

Hopefully, a good finish to the season and some decent signings in the summer should see ticket sales climb again.
    Er, no I haven't .