+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Manager announcement

Interesting point is that.

Over my working career I've seen good blokes fail and mediocre ones succeed.

In the main the successful ones were those backed by decent staff numbers and good budgets.

The failures were asked to achieve miracles on a shoestring.

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger View Post
    Interesting point is that.

Over my working career I've seen good blokes fail and mediocre ones succeed.

In the main the successful ones were those backed by decent staff numbers and good budgets.

The failures were asked to achieve miracles on a shoestring.
    So you are saying that Moyes was on a shoestring budget and had insufficient staff numbers at Man U?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    You're really hung up on 'due diligence' aren't you?

Have you ever interviewed someone for a job? You read their CV, you ask them questions in interview, you may consider a reference or too and then you take a punt. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If that were not the case there wouldn’t be so many managerial sackings at every level of the game and during every season.

The board at Manchester United probably know a bit about football, but still appointed David Moyes (apparently on the recommendation of Alex Ferguson, who also knows a bit about football). That didn’t turn out too well. Do you think they should have done more due diligence?

You didn't mention Warnock in your list of mangers that any prospective candidate should speak to. He's always been very complimentary about the way the club is run.
    As a matter of fact I've interviewed dozens of people for jobs from junior staff through to senior managers and, in my experience the most successful appointments were often those who had done most research about the company I worked for.
    I'll happily add Neil Warnock to the list of people any prospective manager should talk to. After all he was particularly critical of our training facilities and they will form an important part of the environment the new guy will have to operate in.

I am more worried about the interviewer, who will appoint the new manager.The technical committee is not qualified to pick the manager we need.We badly need some "know how" on the board.I wonder if Warnock could help out.

I really don't understand why the poster kerravon can't just make his points instead of being rude and personal.

Maybe he is a police officer.

Are we going in the same direction as Chesterfield.TS seems to be copying what Dave Allen has done.Very worrying if we cannot appoint a proper manager.What's happened to the TV deal money?

"The new manager will be in God's pocket!

A new ground - promises of a new training academy designed by himself - a good squad ( for league one ) and a 3 year project!

But with only 13 weeks to make it work !

With any new manager - at least they'll have several major advantages to both NR & AS, that is; they'll have:

1...The latter end of the season when players will be playing for a contract
    ( But old dead Wood to be gone - major fan benchmark for the future )

2...Players out of contract - so bye bye to some without trauma.

3...FULL closed and pre-season a valuable asset for any manager !

4...A relatively young squad with potential on longer contracts ( as per previous "project parameters" )...lol

5...Mistakes by new manager / players far less obvious in league one - the championship is lethal - so new manager might get 13 weeks in to do a three year job.

6...A "expert" in player recruitment ( load of ball-acks to me ) - a good manager know his players and what he wants - this sounds like FIFA... whatever it is....but far better than NR & AS got.

So that covers more than any previous manager has had - by far!

After the AS sacking - and Mr Millwall walk out - this season was a planned decent into league one - because we can't afford to be in the championship!

All the information is there for those that understand it properly - but it's all been very logical.

Certainly not AS's fault - as, (given time ) he would have turned the season around - TS appointment of KJ was a sign of "giving it a go" to stay in the championship - but his resignation said everything to me !

We've been down since that day.

My deepest regret is not giving AS a "window" and more time to impose his style into the squad. I think there has been a Leicester " Player power" scenario where senior players undermined Stubbs - and with "Numpty" fans screaming ridiculously TS panicked.

But like Antonio Conte said:

"That means the club is weak - players should never say who manager should be"

A major reason Warne CANNOT be manager !

AS sacking has cost us the championship - without a doubt - and let that be a lesson to the "Mr Personality" clowns !

Not a bad summation, lbj, considering... Delete from 'Certainly not...' to '...season around - ' and change 'sacking' to 'appointment' in the last line and you'll be almost there. We'll make a Miller of you yet.

How many games without a manager ?

No - the tail was shaking the dog during this period - I'm sure of it.

New systems too advanced to teach old dogs and a new regime based on youth - naturally the old pro's saw the end of the line for themselves under AS so they didn't "play".

I could imagine these players ( soon to out of contract ) going to the chairman saying that the manager and his team were not doing the business - and with the howling anti-social media TS listened.

Well - unlike Leicester we simply got worse and those players that have actually got us relegated may ( and I sincerely hope not ) get contract extensions due to our lower league status.

A coach at Everton since 2006 - with a complete team rebuild on his CV doesn't turn into a bad manager here. TS should have given AS one window to cut out the bad apples and bring in the last pieces of the jigsaw.

Just a farce season after that - and sacking NR & AS for their "stats" - then PW shouldn't even be shortlisted ....

"He's bringing the best out of them"

Oh dear
    Oh dear
    Oh dear... Radio deedah is writing his application form - very matey isn't it!

Waiting for a decent manager and a heavily pruned squad - with out of contract players gone and youth coming in. AS was an expert in youth talent as well - hence Issy....

Ward 1 / 2 under Stubbs
    Ward 1 / 6 since - in fact far worse
    than 1 / 6 now...

Gawd elp us !

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    Not a bad summation, lbj, considering... Delete from 'Certainly not...' to '...season around - ' and change 'sacking' to 'appointment' in the last line and you'll be almost there. We'll make a Miller of you yet.
    Like it Leeds!!!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast