shopify analytics
+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pulling the trigger next week

Pulling the trigger next week

At last 29th March next Wednesday, Brexit

2 years+ before completion.
    I wonder how choppy the waves are going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    At last 29th March next Wednesday, Brexit

About time.

Absolute disaster and completely undemocratic. It is almost certain that there are more people in the UK (citizens) that wish to remain than wish to leave. Also, that awful referendum was the result of Cameron's tactics to control the Conservative party and to 'bribe' some more Labour voters to turn to his party in the General Election. It is an outrage that the country won't have an opportunity to reverse this catastrophic decision. We don't even have an opposition party to turn to in the event of a General Election. I am convinced that we will rue the day that we quit the EU.

Helmet and body armour put on!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Absolute disaster and completely undemocratic. It is almost certain that there are more people in the UK (citizens) that wish to remain than wish to leave.
    How can you say "undemocratic"???
    We might "rue the day..." but we voted to come out based on very flimsy information provided by very flimsy Representatives.
    Both sides told complete and utter lies when stating their cases, and I believe there should be some sort of discipline handed out to MPs when they lie, to kid the Public. For example, if Boris Johnson (a Cabinet Minister) tells us Brexit will save us 350m a week, which they'll direct into the NHS, we assume he's telling the truth. The same trust went into our vote based on accepting European Immigrants, who haven't paid into NHS all their working lives. We won't believe a word said in future by our so-called representatives, unless they are suitably disciplined - send them to work in a factory for a month, or something like that!
    Why don't we get Reports provided by unbiased Civil Service detailing well-considered Economic and Social impact before we vote on such important issues?

Kettering, I have read many of your posts in the past and have agreed with many more than I have disagreed with. However, on this one we are poles apart. We originally joined a six country economic trade community. It is not that any more. It has become a twenty seven country 'Federal State'. For goodness sake, they now want their own army.

The EU is now a dysfunctional, autocratic institution with powers that go far beyond anything that we could have imagined and a 'gravy train' for many. It is high time that we rid ourselves of this corrupt institution. As for the Tony Blairs and John Majors of this world, why should these discredited individuals be pontificating to us on the benefits of the EU? They are Theresa May's greatest allies!

Let's get out as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Absolute disaster and completely undemocratic. It is almost certain that there are more people in the UK (citizens) that wish to remain than wish to leave. Also, that awful referendum was the result of Cameron's tactics to control the Conservative party and to 'bribe' some more Labour voters to turn to his party in the General Election. It is an outrage that the country won't have an opportunity to reverse this catastrophic decision. We don't even have an opposition party to turn to in the event of a General Election. I am convinced that we will rue the day that we quit the EU.

Helmet and body armour put on!
    There shouldn't be any need for your last sentence, if posters would discuss your post in a civil and adult way, Kettering, in the way shown by Leicester Baggie.

For me, it would be interesting to know why you think it is an absolute disaster and completely undemocratic - remember there were more people voted to leave than to stay.

Ketters me old mate, there hasn't been a General Election in my lifetime in which more than half of the population voted for the winning party, maybe there never has been. The majority of those who voted voted out. That's as democratic as it can be.
    I voted in, I accept the majority and wish they'd get the whole thing sorted ASAP.

I voted out. It's strange that Ketters who is more right wing than me wanted in, but that was the idea of a referendum, nothing to do with what political party you favour but an individuals choice. That is true democracy and i think we should have more referendums like this on important issues, because politicians are completely out of touch with the peoples wishes.
    I respect other peoples votes, but the same as on the shop floor, the majority carries the vote.
    I voted out because i always have, 1973, 1975, despite Wilson telling us to vote in, and 2016.
    Whether it was the right thing for us only time will tell.