shopify analytics
+ Visit Barnsley FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds under 23s v Charlton Athletic under 23s

Reds under 23s v Charlton Athletic under 23s

This Friday 24th March , Kick off time for this fixture is slightly later at 2 pm ( may be on main pitch ? )
    Only 2 home games left for the young Reds , if you can't make it , you will be kept updated by our Exspurt !! Team of
    Jeff ESR Stelling ! Chris Karoma , and other invited pundits UNBELIEVABLE
    Last edited by Romared; 20-03-2017 at 02:30 PM. Reason: paulmersoncartalkreyt

Think they were meant to be playing Colchester today but it's been rearranged

Enny info on wat pitch thu laikin on ESR ? Thanks in advance !

I reckon if you go down to Oakwell on the day you won't have to be James Garner to work it out

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Enny info on wat pitch thu laikin on ESR ? Thanks in advance !
    Not heard anything yet Mr Roma , if I was guessing I'd say the academy pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I reckon if you go down to Oakwell on the day you won't have to be James Garner to work it out
    That be oreyt fo thee, burrits Chuffin freezing darn theer on Accy pitch an not much betta int Towd West !! FTFCI
    Last edited by Romared; 21-03-2017 at 08:42 PM. Reason: jamesgarnermyarse

FTFCI indeed

Name:  IMG_2498.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  81.1 KB

Looks a strong side on paper that

On the Misters pitch

Name:  IMG_2499.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  95.5 KB

U23s | 7 - CLOSE! George Moncur drifts inside from the left, whips the ball across the face of goal, but it flashes just past the post. 0-0

U23s | 10 - Saidy Janko lets fly from distance and brings a strong low save out of Dillon Phillips in the Charlton goal. 0-0

U23s | 21 - First real save Nick Townsend has had to make, springing away to his right to stop Karlan Ahearne-Grant's curling free kick. 0-0

U23s | 40 - George Moncur slips in Ryan Williams on the left, who cannot generate enough whip on his shot to test Phillips. 0-0

U23s | 44 - CLOSE! Alex Mowatt curls an effort towards the top corner from just outside the area, but Phillips is able to save. 0-0

U23s | HT - Barnsley 0-0 Charlton Athletic. The Reds have had the better of the chances in a close-fought first half.

Second hayfe

Name:  IMG_2500.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  96.4 KB

U23s | 57 - Excellent driving run from Saidy Janko, he blazes past four Addicks players and cuts inside before firing just wide. 0-0

U23s | 60 - CLOSE! Saidy Janko lets fly a low effort from the edge of the area on his weak foot, which Phillips has to turn behind. 0-0

U23s | 66 - OFF THE LINE! Hegdes's cute pass is knocked past Phillips, only for Nathan Fox to skilfully clear from on the line. 0-0

U23s | 68 - CLOSE! George Moncur tees himself up from 25 yards, volleys at goal and only a deflection prevents him from a special goal. 0-0

U23s | 69 - OFF THE LINE! Adam Jackson meets the resulting corner, but Aaron Barnes is on hand to clear the ball to safety. 0-0

U23s | 74 - Ryan Williams goes down by the corner flag under the challenge of Archie Edwards, looking in some discomfort. 0-0

U23s | 76 - Williams is back on his feet and back on the pitch after receiving medical attention. 0-0

U23s | 79 - Reds substitution: Ryan Williams is forced off due to his injury and is replaced by Jake Charles. 0-0

U23s | 81 - GOAL BARNSLEY!!!!! Ryan Hedges nods in Cole Kpekawa's looping header from close range! Barnsley 1-0 Charlton Athletic

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    U23s | 57 - Excellent driving run from Saidy Janko, he blazes past four Addicks players and cuts inside before firing just wide. 0-0

U23s | 60 - CLOSE! Saidy Janko lets fly a low effort from the edge of the area on his weak foot, which Phillips has to turn behind. 0-0

U23s | 66 - OFF THE LINE! Hegdes's cute pass is knocked past Phillips, only for Nathan Fox to skilfully clear from on the line. 0-0

U23s | 68 - CLOSE! George Moncur tees himself up from 25 yards, volleys at goal and only a deflection prevents him from a special goal. 0-0

U23s | 69 - OFF THE LINE! Adam Jackson meets the resulting corner, but Aaron Barnes is on hand to clear the ball to safety. 0-0
    I can see why it's so cold at 'Well it's them bloody fans in the distance causing the draught
    Fill't corners in or as Roma would say FTFCI

U23s | FT - Barnsley 1-0 Charlton Athletic. Ryan Hedges' close range header is the difference between the two sides

As the Gaffa has sed, a Strong looking Reds line up, against a good Charlton side that allus looked dangerous, my view on the first hafe pretty even with Nick Townsend the busier keeper ? , second half the Reds forced their keeper and defence a lot more problems, around 10 minutes from time the plate spinna (Kpekawa) sent a looping header back into the 6 yarder and Hedges glanced his header home, some good performances today , especially Moncur, Williams and my MOM Saidi Janko , in fairness I thought Charlton deserved a point ,
    Not very often I get a suntan n frostbite at a match burra did today !!
    Chris Karoma Hot n Cowd at the Stadium of Screeums OAKWELL FTFCI

Cheers Chris KaRoma , how did Mowatt do , did him and Moncur look like they could make a pairing ?

I thought the first half was poor, but the second half was much better. I don't think Janko is a right back, but is excellent going forward. For once we had a decent referee at Oakwell. It is a pity we don't get decent ones in the Championship. I thought Ryan Williams was excellent, but took a knock on the ankle and went off injured. Only one more home game left , on the 21st April against Forest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast