+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American billionaire bids to take over pompey

American billionaire bids to take over pompey

Difficult one this. After our relatively recent experiences with owners (and a non-existent owner) I believe it is obvious that we have to be more than careful with this. I do not believe that we can progress to the higher echelons of The Championship and beyond without significant investment beyond the means of a Community club. From a personal point of view I have no desire to see Pompey back in the money grabbing premiership but I accept that I am probably in a minority with that. For any businessman to invest significant sums of money in the club I am pretty sure he would want at least a controlling interest and I for one am not sure that I would want that to happen. Very interested to hear other views on this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlgernonPFC View Post
    Difficult one this. After our relatively recent experiences with owners (and a non-existent owner) I believe it is obvious that we have to be more than careful with this. I do not believe that we can progress to the higher echelons of The Championship and beyond without significant investment beyond the means of a Community club. From a personal point of view I have no desire to see Pompey back in the money grabbing premiership but I accept that I am probably in a minority with that. For any businessman to invest significant sums of money in the club I am pretty sure he would want at least a controlling interest and I for one am not sure that I would want that to happen. Very interested to hear other views on this.
    Oh no not again......my only hope is this dude is A) actually who he states he is. the money he claims to have is actually his. C) he's not a Russian or another fake sheikh in disguise. D) genuinely wants to invest in the Club/infrastructure and not just build debt/loans etc E) genuinely "gets" Portsmouth as a city, its community and the role the Football Club has within it. F) understands what WE and "OUR" Football Club have gone through and why perhaps he isn't getting the "New York" ticker tape welcome he thought he might/should get when he announced his interest........ if he ticks all these boxes he might have a chance but I'm not getting too excited about this news, been here before (several times) and been badly let down! I just hope the powers that be make it crystal clear we don't need another "tosser" at the helm who is going to drag our Club through the gutter ever again.

Micah's views below,

Certainly has the £, Would of preferred the news once promotion was guaranteed but seems like good news.

http://micahhall.wordpress.com/2017/...in-disneyland/

I enjoyed watching our u23s progress to the quarter finals last night (albeit I was bloody cold). Like the look of Kabamba, very strong and has a heck of a leap. Talbot, Linganzi and O'Brien turned in reliable performances at that level. We've drawn Colchester at home in the next round. Like Phil I am not too excited either. Seen it all before but providing it is the right person, investment would be welcomed by me, but overall control NO.
    Last edited by lovedeanblue; 21-03-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovedeanblue View Post
    Like Phil I am not too excited either. Seen it all before but providing it is the right person, investment would be welcomed by me, but overall control NO.
    Yep. Supporters saved the club. Capitalists shouldn't benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by pompeylee View Post
    Micah's views below,

Certainly has the £, Would of preferred the news once promotion was guaranteed but seems like good news.

http://micahhall.wordpress.com/2017/...in-disneyland/
    Nothing but respect for Micah Hall...... however I would question how he knows for certain that this guy will invest wholeheartly in the infrastructure and long term building of PFC, that he will be transparent and listen to fans concerns and that any money coming into the club would be equity only! Has he met this guy or is it wishful thinking on his part? Anyway let's get back to the task in hand........something tells me saturdays game against Newport is going to be a real test of Pompey desire to get out of this league!

2 teams needing the points for different reasons. Big crowd, cup tie atmosphere. Police in attendance aplenty I expect

& my first home game in almost 2 seasons, free tickets from a ginsters promotion in North upper, hope my long legs can squeeze in the seats for 90mins

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)