shopify analytics
+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: No red card appeal

  1. #1

    No red card appeal

    Notts County will NOT be appealing against the red card given to Mark Yeates in yesterday's game v Barnet.

    https://twitter.com/bbcrns

  2. #2
    It wasn't a red but not surprised. It wouldn't be overturned. I do hope we ask about the high boot on O'Conner in the penalty area. The fact the ref left him with a head injury for quite a while needs clarification

  3. #3
    Why was it not a red? He went in studs first on the blokes knee, you can see that in the video, he was late and nowhere near the ball, we'd be fuming if it was the other way around. The reason it wouldn't be overturned is because there's clear evidence that it was a valid red imo. I was fairly sure just on hearing what Nolan said Yeates had told him that "the lad said he didn't think he made much contact with the player" which means he obviously hadn't said there was no contact.

    Not sure what you expect to get from the high foot incident either, it's up to the ref's discretion on whether to stop the game and seeing as there turned out to be nothing wrong with O'Connor I'd say he was probably right and O'Connor was just trying to win a decision, which is fair enough, it's what happens, I'm fairly sure we were still trying to attack while O'Connor was on the floor too.

  4. #4
    Do they still have those refereeing adjudicators ( or whatever they call them ) sitting up in the stands at lower league games ? If so guess he would run out of ink and paper after the showing of that prat yesterday.....

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Why was it not a red? He went in studs first on the blokes knee, you can see that in the video, he was late and nowhere near the ball, we'd be fuming if it was the other way around. The reason it wouldn't be overturned is because there's clear evidence that it was a valid red imo. I was fairly sure just on hearing what Nolan said Yeates had told him that "the lad said he didn't think he made much contact with the player" which means he obviously hadn't said there was no contact.

    Not sure what you expect to get from the high foot incident either, it's up to the ref's discretion on whether to stop the game and seeing as there turned out to be nothing wrong with O'Connor I'd say he was probably right and O'Connor was just trying to win a decision, which is fair enough, it's what happens, I'm fairly sure we were still trying to attack while O'Connor was on the floor too.
    He went for the ball, their player got the ball first and then the foot connected. The fact as soon as the red was shown their player who i thought was in need of a stretcher made a miraculous recovery and completed the whole game, brave chap!

    And regards to the ref for O'Connor, he only pulled up play when their player went down in a heap and actually went over to their player first. Ref was a Muppet. Also, guidelines state that head injuries are dealt with immediately. If O'Connor goes down clutching his head, it's a dangerous kick, red card and penalty, but then again Delroy, perhaps you and Keith are good mates eh?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Do they still have those refereeing adjudicators ( or whatever they call them ) sitting up in the stands at lower league games ? If so guess he would run out of ink and paper after the showing of that prat yesterday.....
    Former prem ref Uriah Heap was the ref adjudicator according to CS.

  7. #7
    To be honest I didn't see enough from my position to judge one way or another, but what struck me in real time was that the referee in making his decision seemed to react to the Barnet player writhing on the ground, rather than the tackle itself.

  8. #8
    Take your black and white tinted shades off...

    Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmypieback View Post
    He went for the ball, their player got the ball first and then the foot connected. The fact as soon as the red was shown their player who i thought was in need of a stretcher made a miraculous recovery and completed the whole game, brave chap!
    By this logic only tackles that injure players are valid red cards? If it's a terrible tackle but the opposing player can carry on then obviously it's not a red card? He may have gone for the ball but he was nowhere near it and connected with the bloke at knee height, that's a dangerous tackle no matter how much damage it did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmypieback View Post
    And regards to the ref for O'Connor, he only pulled up play when their player went down in a heap and actually went over to their player first. Ref was a Muppet. Also, guidelines state that head injuries are dealt with immediately. If O'Connor goes down clutching his head, it's a dangerous kick, red card and penalty, but then again Delroy, perhaps you and Keith are good mates eh?
    Two points, O'Connor made a miraculous recovery and finished the match, brave chap! If Santos goes down clutching his knee, it's a dangerous kick, red card and a free kick... By your argument for Yeates' red and the fact that you think just by O'Connor going down holding his head means it was a foul you've contradicted yourself, you can't have it both ways.

    Secondly, if all it took was a player to go down holding their head in the box to win a penalty football would be a joke, everyone would do it anytime another player came near them and we'd end up with penalties in double figures or it would be a non contact sport in the box. Do you not think that maybe the ref thought O'Connor played for it (which was my initial thought) and wasn't actually hurt?

    Regarding me being friends with the ref, you seem to be the one on first name terms

  9. #9
    It was a red all day long. I feel a bit for Yeates because I don't think it was malicious, just horribly mistimed, but if your studs connect with someone's knee then you're going to get sent off.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Do they still have those refereeing adjudicators ( or whatever they call them ) sitting up in the stands at lower league games ? If so guess he would run out of ink and paper after the showing of that prat yesterday.....
    I must admit I had a similar opinion at the game, but after calming down and seeing a few replays I don't think the ref got too much wrong. The red card and the Akinde penalty were both a bit debatable, and while there's nothing conclusive replays do suggest the ref got both of them correct. Regarding the O'Connor penalty appeal, I don't think there was any contact so O'Connor probably deserved a yellow card like Akinde. I suppose their player's foot was high so it could be termed dangerous play, but in all honesty I think O'Connor cheated. To balance that out, two of their players did the same. Their number 32 (Vilhete) went down in apparent agony right in front of us when it was just a 50/50 ball, and their captain Nelson went down clutching his face (again in apparent agony) when it was nothing more than an accidental flick of the hand from an off balance Ameobi. Both players made a miraculous recovery when no card was brandished. Sad, but this play acting is becoming more and more common, and we are as guilty as the rest.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I must admit I had a similar opinion at the game, but after calming down and seeing a few replays I don't think the ref got too much wrong. The red card and the Akinde penalty were both a bit debatable, and while there's nothing conclusive replays do suggest the ref got both of them correct. Regarding the O'Connor penalty appeal, I don't think there was any contact so O'Connor probably deserved a yellow card like Akinde. I suppose their player's foot was high so it could be termed dangerous play, but in all honesty I think O'Connor cheated. To balance that out, two of their players did the same. Their number 32 (Vilhete) went down in apparent agony right in front of us when it was just a 50/50 ball, and their captain Nelson went down clutching his face (again in apparent agony) when it was nothing more than an accidental flick of the hand from an off balance Ameobi. Both players made a miraculous recovery when no card was brandished. Sad, but this play acting is becoming more and more common, and we are as guilty as the rest.
    Half the offsides people in the Pavis stand were calling for weren't even close either, it makes me wonder whether half of our fans understand that they have to be offside when the ball is kicked, not by the time the ball gets to them, I think the ref was annoying but there was multiple occasions where he gave us decisions that left me baffled and laughing, thanking him and he got all the big calls spot on, I doubt the usual League 2 ref would have seen through Akinde's blatant dive.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,501
    Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Why was it not a red? He went in studs first on the blokes knee, you can see that in the video, he was late and nowhere near the ball, we'd be fuming if it was the other way around. The reason it wouldn't be overturned is because there's clear evidence that it was a valid red imo. I was fairly sure just on hearing what Nolan said Yeates had told him that "the lad said he didn't think he made much contact with the player" which means he obviously hadn't said there was no contact.

    Not sure what you expect to get from the high foot incident either, it's up to the ref's discretion on whether to stop the game and seeing as there turned out to be nothing wrong with O'Connor I'd say he was probably right and O'Connor was just trying to win a decision, which is fair enough, it's what happens, I'm fairly sure we were still trying to attack while O'Connor was on the floor too.
    You were right about O'Connor he delayed going down and holding his head, there was no contact.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Half the offsides people in the Pavis stand were calling for weren't even close either, it makes me wonder whether half of our fans understand that they have to be offside when the ball is kicked, not by the time the ball gets to them, I think the ref was annoying but there was multiple occasions where he gave us decisions that left me baffled and laughing, thanking him and he got all the big calls spot on, I doubt the usual League 2 ref would have seen through Akinde's blatant dive.
    If the player doesn't go for the ball although he is in an offside position then he isn't ruled offside.If you watch the linesman quite often the crowd moan because he flags late but he waits to see if the guy actually goes for or receives the ball first.But every man and his dog are confused by the offside law.
    And as for the fans in the Pavis they are no different to the fans in the kop who boo decisions they cannot see properly at the other end of the ground.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmypieback View Post
    He went for the ball, their player got the ball first and then the foot connected. The fact as soon as the red was shown their player who i thought was in need of a stretcher made a miraculous recovery and completed the whole game, brave chap!

    And regards to the ref for O'Connor, he only pulled up play when their player went down in a heap and actually went over to their player first. Ref was a Muppet. Also, guidelines state that head injuries are dealt with immediately. If O'Connor goes down clutching his head, it's a dangerous kick, red card and penalty, but then again Delroy, perhaps you and Keith are good mates eh?
    Whether he went for the ball or the man has no relevance. He got the man, knee high.
    Red card.
    And the fact the player got up and carried on has no relevance either.
    Clutching at straws you could say some refs would give a yellow due to it being early in the game.
    Last edited by kill_the_drum; 21-03-2017 at 05:41 AM.

  15. #15
    If you go in for a tackle, studs first, with them off the ground it's a Red Card end of.

    No complaints from me.

  16. #16
    At the time it was difficult to see why he had been sent off from my position.

    Looking at the replay you can see why there is little point in appealing. As another poster has said the ref could have taken the view that is was a yellow given we were only 10 minutes in but no real complaints from me after the dust has settled.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •