shopify analytics
+ Visit Newcastle United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: EFL team of the year

EFL team of the year

Did anyone else see this on sky sports news earlier ? An absolute joke Full of Brighton and Huddersfield players and only 2 from Newcastle, and manager of the year wagner

I was genuinely expecting you to be complaining Mbemba wasn't it

Not surprised that Wagner is manager of the year - who would you have?

Remember Huddersfield were supposed to be around the bottom and fighting relegation yet he's kept them in play-off area most of the season and in touch with the top, whilst having them play "attractive" possession football on a fraction of the budget of us and Brighton.

To be honest, he'd be my choice for manager of the season so far.

I did think that Clark deserved to be in the team and possibly Ritchie as well.

Who were the two from us? I'm guessing Shelvey and Gayle? Not Lascelles, surely?

Yeh - that's correct.

Here is the team for those that haven't seen:

Tbh, I think Ritchie over Murray (hasn't he scored quite a few penalties) but, other than Clarke, I'm not sure any of our others warrant a place.

doesn't make much difference. it's who amasses the ,most points that counts

we have had the stronger more effective team overall - most teams have an individual who stands out and who has a chance to get picked for these.

remember when collo was in premier league team of the season.

Ritchie and Clark would walk into any team in our division. so for that reason alone, they should be in the divisional team of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    doesn't make much difference. it's who amasses the ,most points that counts

we have had the stronger more effective team overall - most teams have an individual who stands out and who has a chance to get picked for these.

remember when collo was in premier league team of the season.
    Aye - well said June.

Much like Huddersfield saying they should of won because they had over 70% possession, seemingly forgetting it's goals that win the game.

Ritchie and Clark for me to, Clark has been the best defender in the league, makes you wonder how Dunk and Jansson got in ahead of him.As for Manager id go with Slavisa Jokanovic from relegation candidates last season to play off probables this season after spending peanuts

The manager thing is a strange one because even if it as been more impressive that Huddersfield is where they are; every single team if given the choice would take Rafa as their manager. Still think all the managers in the top 6 have had great years.

Team of the year or team of the season?
    I think that should be decided at the end of the season, to be fair.

However; I do think that Ritchie deserves to be in.
    I agree with Clark and Gayle but also Shelvey should be in.
    I Also think Darlow is unlucky to miss out.

I won't moan though, because to be fair, as has been said: we were expected to be a force and Huddersfield were expected to struggle, so fair play for manager of the year.
    If he balls it all up in these last games, he's going to look a lot less sensible as manager of the year mind.
    Let's see what happens.

The team of the year/season will be the team which finishes top of the division in May.

no problems with that

and wagner as manager as well

some of the drss rafa has given this season with the players he has has been dissapointing

but for now we are top and that is all that matters come the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Team of the year or team of the season?
    I think that should be decided at the end of the season, to be fair.

However; I do think that Ritchie deserves to be in.
    I agree with Clark and Gayle but also Shelvey should be in.
    I Also think Darlow is unlucky to miss out.

I won't moan though, because to be fair, as has been said: we were expected to be a force and Huddersfield were expected to struggle, so fair play for manager of the year.
    If he balls it all up in these last games, he's going to look a lot less sensible as manager of the year mind.
    Let's see what happens.
    shelvey is in it

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    shelvey is in it
    Yeah, my mistake. I'm as blind as a bat.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    shelvey is in it
    That shouldn't surprise you Pboro. At least the "experts" agree on something.