+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reason For Increased Attendances

Reason For Increased Attendances

What's your thoughts in this
    1. The Trews have gone
    2. 20.00 tickets
    3. Upturn in results
    4. Other reasons
    We're in the bottom half, and get over 7000. If we're in the top half next season, could we get more through the gate. Alan had already said he's aiming for 10000 crowds. Is he a bit optomistic on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    1. The Trews have gone
    2. 20.00 tickets
    3. Upturn in results
    4. Other reasons
    We're in the bottom half, and get over 7000. If we're in the top half next season, could we get more through the gate. Alan had already said he's aiming for 10000 crowds. Is he a bit optomistic on that one.

1,2 and 3 have deffo made a difference. Free tictacs for schools has helped. Personally, free tics for kids or kids for a quid is something I would do every home game. It's gotta be better than 15,000 empty seats! Florist have been doing it for years to boost attendances.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    1. The Trews have gone
    2. 20.00 tickets
    3. Upturn in results
    4. Other reasons
    Lower prices are a real bonus
    A team that seems to care and put in a shift more often than not
    A more positive atmosphere
    Owner and manager who know what they are doing
    A feeling of optimism albeit measured and realistic
    Not sure about 10k every home game - thats more than Luton and Plymouth get

I have been to Accrington and Stevenage and going to Wycombe and Carlisle (train) which I would never have been interested in before Christmas

There will be bad periods but that doesnt matter as long as the effort is there

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    1,2 and 3 have deffo made a difference. Free tictacs for schools has helped. Personally, free tics for kids or kids for a quid is something I would do every home game. It's gotta be better than 15,000 empty seats! Florist have been doing it for years to boost attendances.
    I agree. The key here is kids. If this club is to survive and grow it's fan base and replenish it's stocks so to speak as the senior generation pass on then children are where a forward thinking owner would be looking. Kids today will be the adult season ticket holders of the future.

By letting kids in for free or 1 it's an investment in this clubs long term future the way I see it. In comparison with young footballers some will make it and become lifelong supporters, and others may not. But the club has to do something.

Plus short term they may buy food and drinks at the game, then in time may want to purchase merchandise from the club shop, or even buy a kit.

Current average under Hardy is 7,326 which is only 26 less than the Munto season (7,352).

Quite incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I agree. The key here is kids. If this club is to survive and grow it's fan base and replenish it's stocks so to speak as the senior generation pass on then children are where a forward thinking owner would be looking. Kids today will be the adult season ticket holders of the future.

By letting kids in for free or 1 it's an investment in this clubs long term future the way I see it. In comparison with young footballers some will make it and become lifelong supporters, and others may not. But the club has to do something.

Plus short term they may buy food and drinks at the game, then in time may want to purchase merchandise from the club shop, or even buy a kit.
    This.

Higher attendances themselves make going to a match a more attractive proposition, no one wants to sit in a 20k stadium with only 3,500 others.

Pompey on Easter Monday should be good, all our returning lot plus maybe a couple of thousand of their lot should make a pretty good turnout.

The fact I can go with my two boys (7 & 4) for 20 all in has seen me attend all weekend fixtures since AH took over and generally get back in the habit of going. Prior to this attendance had been sporadic at best as it was difficult to justify paying the best part of 50 for all 3 of us to watch such dross.

As it is my eldest is now absolutely hooked (sorry son) and goes though the complete range of emotions throughout the match. Too early to say whether he will be a fan for life but it's a step in the right direction for Notts in recruiting a new fan and I am sure there are many other families that are in a similar position.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    The fact I can go with my two boys (7 & 4) for 20 all in has seen me attend all weekend fixtures since AH took over and generally get back in the habit of going. Prior to this attendance had been sporadic at best as it was difficult to justify paying the best part of 50 for all 3 of us to watch such dross.

As it is my eldest is now absolutely hooked (sorry son) and goes though the complete range of emotions throughout the match. Too early to say whether he will be a fan for life but it's a step in the right direction for Notts in recruiting a new fan and I am sure there are many other families that are in a similar position.
    This is where AH has been very clever 20 for you & up to 4 kids is a cheap afternoon out compared with most forms of entertainment, but to really "hook em" he must keep this up for at least another season & charge a reasonable price for under 16s. Most of these kids need feeding & watering & it is very noticeable how many prefer the food from the independent Burger van in the Kop, I hope that Alan has spotted this because one owned & ran by the club could be a little goldmine if we ever attract the 10,000 fans that he is hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    This is where AH has been very clever 20 for you & up to 4 kids is a cheap afternoon out compared with most forms of entertainment, but to really "hook em" he must keep this up for at least another season & charge a reasonable price for under 16s. Most of these kids need feeding & watering & it is very noticeable how many prefer the food from the independent Burger van in the Kop, I hope that Alan has spotted this because one owned & ran by the club could be a little goldmine if we ever attract the 10,000 fans that he is hoping for.
    Or why not just bring the food in the lane up to standard?

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I'm sure the independent burger vans have a 3 year contract with us. And whoever gave it them wants shooting, as it's taking money away that Notts could be earning.

On the basis of what he sees as increased support potential AH has tweeted that he's upping the Player Budget. One hopes that is for a better quality of player and I do not want to hear "top six budget" or similar again.

Personally I think he's premature. There has always been a sentiment for Notts in this city but time after time it has proved unsustainable. Happy to be proved wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by exiledmagpie View Post
    Or why not just bring the food in the lane up to standard?
    I'm fairly certain that we were stopped from cooking chips/burgers etc at our normal outlets by health & safety but with the Burger vans being in the open air they are allowed, if as Steward posts they have been given a 3 year contract someone(obviously not AH) has dropped a right clanger & good luck to the fellows who run them, they must be laughing all the way to the bank!