shopify analytics
+ Visit Dundee FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: andy mclaren writing about bairns being priced out of football

andy mclaren writing about bairns being priced out of football

sadly he hit the nail squarely on the head in his piece in the paper today
    alot of familys just struggling to feed and clothe the bairns leaving no extra to pay for football(he was meaning to play football) etc

a disgraceful relection on the probs in society nowadys

Heard him on the radio, he's spit on, it boils my piss every time I pass Dawson park and see that Astro turf pitch sitting empty, get the lights on and open the gates to the kids when it's no booked

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Heard him on the radio, he's spit on, it boils my piss every time I pass Dawson park and see that Astro turf pitch sitting empty, get the lights on and open the gates to the kids when it's no booked
    Sure that's a hockey pitch only now.

Last I seen it there were football goal posts

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    sadly he hit the nail squarely on the head in his piece in the paper today
    alot of familys just struggling to feed and clothe the bairns leaving no extra to pay for football(he was meaning to play football) etc

a disgraceful relection on the probs in society nowadys
    Auld folk doing away fine though. That's ahh that matters.��

Last I seen it there were football goal posts
    Im sure it's a carpet and not 3G.

It's no 3G, but lines and goals for football are there, I'm sure the young toddy kids wouldn't mind that for game under the lights, and goal nets, beats a couple of jumpers any day, oh to be young again.

It's no 3G, but lines and goals for football are there, I'm sure the young toddy kids wouldn't mind that for game under the lights, and goal nets, beats a couple of jumpers any day, oh to be young again.
    Not ideal fir any serious football but perfect for a squad of young guys to have a kickabout on....council (if they own it) will probably preach some health n safety nonsense about not opening it....

Things are no half getting dear for pensioners also. Bloody shame .

Quote Originally Posted by Oor Wullie View Post
    Things are no half getting dear for pensioners also. Bloody shame .
    *******s and you know it.

Greedy *******s

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    *******s and you know it.

Greedy *******s
    Not all pensioners fit your description. Was interested with this topic. How much does it cost a kids' team to play? It might be that this is a much more important barrier to involvement in football than the prices charged to get in to watch the professional game. Was chatting at a Ruby Wedding celebration and all the men had been lifted over, or crawled under the turnstyle when they were wee. Sorry Rros, the place was filled with pensioners enjoying themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Not all pensioners fit your description. Was interested with this topic. How much does it cost a kids' team to play? It might be that this is a much more important barrier to involvement in football than the prices charged to get in to watch the professional game. Was chatting at a Ruby Wedding celebration and all the men had been lifted over, or crawled under the turnstyle when they were wee. Sorry Rros, the place was filled with pensioners enjoying themselves!

Of course they were, never had it so good.

The greediest generation this country has ever known.

Of course they were, never had it so good.

The greediest generation this country has ever known.
    Do I just give up on the actual topic? I know you support the younger generation so why not think about the topic, and give the OAP bashing a rest?

Do I just give up on the actual topic? I know you support the younger generation so why not think about the topic, and give the OAP bashing a rest?
    Please yourself b cram, almost a free country.

No ill continue to make my points unless this forum has changed its name to Pravda.

The two topics are entwined, the rich auld are being subsidised by the poor young, not just in sport but in just aboot every aspect of life.

Just don't read it if it upsets you, the vast majority don't.��

Please yourself b cram, almost a free country.

No ill continue to make my points unless this forum has changed its name to Pravda.

The two topics are entwined, the rich auld are being subsidised by the poor young, not just in sport but in just aboot every aspect of life.

Just don't read it if it upsets you, the vast majority don't.��
    Was hoping to learn how much it costs to have a child play football in one of the leagues. I was hoping that there might be people who read this forum and might be able to express their opinions on this topic based on their actual experience.

Pensioners rule ya bass.

Was hoping to learn how much it costs to have a child play football in one of the leagues. I was hoping that there might be people who read this forum and might be able to express their opinions on this topic based on their actual experience.
    Wasting your time.

Its all about hating pensioners, Paul or anything DFC try to do.

noah.you are bound to have recent info re how much it costs for a kid to play football on a sunday,just talking about fees on the day and possibly on training night

mclaren was talking about when he was a nipper and i can certainly relate to it basically costing a couple o bob and getting a few striker/goal tickets to sell for club funds,he gave the impression that,that is not the case nowadays.

he also said that he was shocked to see some bairns with holes in their shoes(some real poverty out there) and that he doesna beleive that kids dont want to play football but they are restricted by money matters,i think he must run a free training session as he says that the proof is that he has 250 kids at his school,and that some of his coaches have also had to feed bairns at summer/easter training schools

all sounds very true when you consider that last summer tayside contracts continued to feed bairns during the holidays,which is a disgraceful reflection on todays society-----------ffuucckkiinngg austerity,when did that word scramble free from the early 1900/s

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Wasting your time.

Its all about hating pensioners, Paul or anything DFC try to do.
    His hatred of pensioners has no boundaries, it's pure hate wonder why ??? And he'll be a pensioner one day if his blood pressure about them doesn't get him first

I doubt very much he gates oap's, considering his parents are amongst them, he is right though in the price structure, and the benifit given to them, there are plenty shout poverty but can be seen in pubs and bookies every other day, good luck to them if they've worked all their days, but we have to look after young people on zero hour or minimum wage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast