+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve McClaren, Comes Out

Steve McClaren, Comes Out

Steve McClaren is back on TV and was talking to Sky Sports News about the "volatile environment", behind the scenes at Derby. Seeing as we had so many managerial changes and the pressure to impress and the player's at your neck, 24/7 can't blame him for coming out saying we have got an "Volatile environment" http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/there-...ail/story.html

We've got an extreme case of player power.. that wont be gotten rid off until Mel Morris kicks their scrawny little arses out the door.

And I get a lot of abuse for this but.. Will Hughes is the biggest rat in that club, might have been dropped lately but he's defiantly a trouble maker behind closed doors (Martin was a big one as well), he's an average Championship player, he's lightweight and his passing isn't even that good, he slows play down and does next to nothing in terms of assists and goals.... yet thinks he's the dogs b******s,,, got a message for you son... you're bang average.. hence no one from the prem wanting you.. Hendrick got a move before him which says it all doesn't it.

Hendrick showed his class in the Euros,which proved his Premier League worth and deserved his chance at the big time and was worth every penny Burnley paid for him. Hughes had his chance to get a big money move to Everton for £15m and was linked with Barcelona, Liverpool and Man Utd respectively but he chose to stay with Derby because he knew,he had more chance of gaining more first team football,which he has done for a player of such a young age. He has potential to cut it in the Premier League but all the hype,that was surrounding him of becoming the next big thing, was taking it a step too far and as typical as English player's are they tend to be overrated and too pricy. As for Martin he is a prima donna really and scores goals,when he feels like it.

Oh! Steve you are turning into the next Billy Davis,with your "Unfinished Business" malarkey. http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/ex-der...ail/story.html

Didn't know he was gay/bi***ual or have I read that thread title wrong?

Ha! Ha! Ha! Swale. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    We've got an extreme case of player power.. that wont be gotten rid off until Mel Morris kicks their scrawny little arses out the door.

And I get a lot of abuse for this but.. Will Hughes is the biggest rat in that club, might have been dropped lately but he's defiantly a trouble maker behind closed doors (Martin was a big one as well), he's an average Championship player, he's lightweight and his passing isn't even that good, he slows play down and does next to nothing in terms of assists and goals.... yet thinks he's the dogs b******s,,, got a message for you son... you're bang average.. hence no one from the prem wanting you.. Hendrick got a move before him which says it all doesn't it.
    Are you Rats in disguise? If you're going to pick out an individual in this way then please provide some evidence. Okay, you don't rate Will Hughes, I think we all get that, and we all have opinions about the strengths and weaknesses of individual players. IMO he's a potentially huge talent who has been held back by a combination of serious injury and lack of managerial consistency, but to start destroying a young player's character and questioning his ability in the way you repeatedly do you have to explain why...maybe you could start by telling us why he's the 'biggest rat in the club', and why he's a 'trouble maker behind closed doors' because I for one think you're writing completely unfounded twaddle and wonder, apart from being a wum, what your agenda could be.

Are you Rats in disguise? If you're going to pick out an individual in this way then please provide some evidence. Okay, you don't rate Will Hughes, I think we all get that, and we all have opinions about the strengths and weaknesses of individual players. IMO he's a potentially huge talent who has been held back by a combination of serious injury and lack of managerial consistency, but to start destroying a young player's character and questioning his ability in the way you repeatedly do you have to explain why...maybe you could start by telling us why he's the 'biggest rat in the club', and why he's a 'trouble maker behind closed doors' because I for one think you're writing completely unfounded twaddle and wonder, apart from being a wum, what your agenda could be.

It is plainly obvious to any football fan that Will Hughes is a quality footballer and for anyone to describe a young skilful England U21 footballer as bang average! FFS! FFS!
    Will would get into any team in the championship. Admittedly currently he is out of form for whatever reason maybe carrying an injury.
    He has a lot to learn, tackling, heading and goal scoring are his weaknesses but hey his first touch, vision and passing range are excellent, and I would say that's a good start.
    Will has a good reputation as a nice guy and if he is a little mardy then that's up to the manager to manage.

Chris Martin again is a great player at Championship level and if (and that's a big if) he is a bad influence in the dressing room again that's up to the manager to manage!
    I'm pretty sure that there are one or two ego's at Manchester City, Manchester Utd, Chelsea etc and guess what they are managed.

So no we do not want to sell our best players just because they are not nice guys all the time!

Here I go again FFS! FFS! FFS! I'm pretty sure that the same guy who is criticising Hughes and CM and praising Hendrick on more than one occasion criticised him.

Some fans are a joke!

All we need is to restore balance to the side, that has been rapidly declining over 3 previous managerial reigns and to do that some player's,will need to be sacrificed in order to achieve this and help fix the morale that has also been lost over the years. Player's that have been at this club for a long time, will need to be moved on,to make way for new recruits,to help give a new leash of life,that has failed to achieve our targets over the years. This squad needs a good overhaul and a good look at before any drastic measures are taken before the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    All we need is to restore balance to the side, that has been rapidly declining over 3 previous managerial reigns and to do that some player's,will need to be sacrificed in order to achieve this and help fix the morale that has also been lost over the years. Player's that have been at this club for a long time, will need to be moved on,to make way for new recruits,to help give a new leash of life,that has failed to achieve our targets over the years. This squad needs a good overhaul and a good look at before any drastic measures are taken before the summer.
    All a bit Captain Obvious that R4J. We all know 'this squad needs a good overhaul' and that players who have underachieved here for too long need to to be 'moved on'. What no one can really explain is how to move out the 'deadwood' without making a major financial loss. There are players, I'm not going to name them but probably half a dozen, who cost a lot and are on huge wages and long contracts. How we get rid of them on the evidence of their performances or, in at least two cases, very restricted number of appearances is, quite literally, the £10,000,000 question.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)