+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT The Lunatics have taken over the Assylum

OT The Lunatics have taken over the Assylum

Oh well bound to happen and anyone who posts several consecutive posts has questionable sanity.

\\\\any sentient posters who want a chat please feel free.

Oh and Anag why do you bother debating with Tricky - he just hasn't got a clue and is obsessed with immigration, going to be quite a shock when after we do brexit, there is no reduction because we need immigrants!!!

Maybe you can employ some to improve your football team! Maybe add another £40 Million to some European second rate football clubs to make the Championship top ten

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0MRmxfLuNto Yh! There is definitely lunatics on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Oh well bound to happen and anyone who posts several consecutive posts has questionable sanity.

\\\\any sentient posters who want a chat please feel free.

Oh and Anag why do you bother debating with Tricky - he just hasn't got a clue and is obsessed with immigration, going to be quite a shock when after we do brexit, there is no reduction because we need immigrants!!!
    Suppose the obvious answer is...I'll talk to whoever I like Swale, but seeing as it's you who's asking and because I sympathise entirely with what you're actually suggesting, the more serious answer is...it's sadly because the 'left' is so far up it's own backside and no longer communicates with or relates to people posing questions like Tricky that the referendum vote was lost. There are many people on here who's views I disagree with and who probably disagree equally vehemently with mine but you don't change political mindsets by adopting some sort of elitist stance, you only do it by debate although, tbh, I seem to have been spectacularly unsuccessful in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Suppose the obvious answer is...I'll talk to whoever I like Swale, but seeing as it's you who's asking and because I sympathise entirely with what you're actually suggesting, the more serious answer is...it's sadly because the 'left' is so far up it's own backside and no longer communicates with or relates to people posing questions like Tricky that the referendum vote was lost. There are many people on here who's views I disagree with and who probably disagree equally vehemently with mine but you don't change political mindsets by adopting some sort of elitist stance, you only do it by debate although, tbh, I seem to have been spectacularly unsuccessful in that respect.
    I wouldnt say that R, I listen to and think about all you say because you appear to speak out of conviction not bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I wouldnt say that R, I listen to and think about all you say because you appear to speak out of conviction not bigotry.
    Steady Andy...pleasantness and this forum don't exactly go hand in hand at the moment. Thanks anyway...nicest thing anyone's said for a while...now don't spoil it by completing your sentence by adding...'then I dismiss it all as total bollux anyway'.

P.S. Thinking about it...you went from voting Remain to defending Brexit...so, sadly, I rest my case.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 20-03-2017 at 11:02 PM.

Steady Andy...pleasantness and this forum don't exactly go hand in hand at the moment. Thanks anyway...nicest thing anyone's said for a while...now don't spoil it by completing your sentence by adding...'then I dismiss it all as total bollux anyway'.

P.S. Thinking about it...you went from voting Remain to defending Brexit...so, sadly, I rest my case.
    No case to rest, I continue to be up for the 'discussion', and I just think my approach is different to yours, I will attack a stance rather than defend it, might make me come over as a bit of a **** every so often (maybe more than I think) but it does hopefully promote debate. The four areas I keep churning over in my mind, which will roll on to the next election, are trade (on balance being in EU was probably lesser of two evils IMO), sovereignty (I was OK with the level we were at pre-referendum, fascinated to see if anyone feels we have a more Sovereign state after Brexit), immigration (I have fairly extreme views on the very long-term impact of a certain type of immigration which Brexit will indirectly have a bearing on) and sheer cost of the operation (which, if UKplc prove as wasteful as EU, I will happily renounce my nationality). They will keep churning and the discussion here inc. your mutterings have helped the 'churn'.

See, now you've gone and spoiled it...from 'speaking out of conviction' to 'mutterings'
    Knew it was too good to last. Take your points though.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    No case to rest, I continue to be up for the 'discussion', and I just think my approach is different to yours, I will attack a stance rather than defend it, might make me come over as a bit of a **** every so often (maybe more than I think) but it does hopefully promote debate. The four areas I keep churning over in my mind, which will roll on to the next election, are trade (on balance being in EU was probably lesser of two evils IMO), sovereignty (I was OK with the level we were at pre-referendum, fascinated to see if anyone feels we have a more Sovereign state after Brexit), immigration (I have fairly extreme views on the very long-term impact of a certain type of immigration which Brexit will indirectly have a bearing on) and sheer cost of the operation (which, if UKplc prove as wasteful as EU, I will happily renounce my nationality). They will keep churning and the discussion here inc. your mutterings have helped the 'churn'.
    Can't disagree with most of what you said Andy, though even the hard Brexit politicians are starting to admit that brexit will not have the effect on immigration which those who voted for it want - the truth is immigration will not fall because of Brexit simply because there is nobody else to do the jobs and economically we will be ****ed if we close that door...but of course we will have control, which effectively means same as before after all the criminals and terrorists won't come across the controlled borders.

I'm not saying you can't talk to anyone, just wondering why you waste your effort on someone who clearly hasn't a clue, you could show him a white board and if he believed it to be black he would maintain it was whatever evidence to the contrary.

One of the reasons I left that thread was it was clear that one was wasting ones time in providing coherent facts, some just dont want to believe them and never will.

Brexit isn't a left or right issue though Anag and it wasn't the Lefts failure to communicate that saw Leave win, it was the collective failure of those on the remain side to pay attention to what people were pissed off about and actually mount a coherent argument that allowed those with tunnel vision to vote for something that wont bring the changes and benefits they believe it will.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)