shopify analytics

Bet for FREE on football and win real cash bet4F is changing the game

Thread: Portsmouth Home Game - Let's Make It A Biggun'!

Portsmouth Home Game - Let's Make It A Biggun'!

I am really hoping we pull off a bumper attendance on April 17th. Bank holiday Monday football, easily the biggest game left to play, ongoing positivity and good vibes at Notts, affordable prices and a great game in store. Notts, who are doing so well under Kevin Nolan, facing promotion Portsmouth who will bring a big loud following of their own to create a cracking atmosphere. It could also potentially see us mathematically secure safety depending on how results go between now and then.

Let's make a real effort as Notts fans to bring people along to this one. Disaffected old Notts fans that haven't gone in a while, friends, family, neutrals, people who've never been to a football match before, other football fans, other sports fans, even (gasp) F-worders, let's bring them along. I have already convinced one Red to go. See how many we can get through the gate. It should be a great game, and you never know who might leave wanting to come back next season.

If we get it high enough, we can also largely enjoy the game satisfied with a moral and financial victory regardless of what happens on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by SlockNCFC16 View Post
    I am really hoping we pull off a bumper attendance on April 17th. Bank holiday Monday football, easily the biggest game left to play, ongoing positivity and good vibes at Notts, affordable prices and a great game in store. Notts, who are doing so well under Kevin Nolan, facing promotion Portsmouth who will bring a big loud following of their own to create a cracking atmosphere. It could also potentially see us mathematically secure safety depending on how results go between now and then.

Let's make a real effort as Notts fans to bring people along to this one. Disaffected old Notts fans that haven't gone in a while, friends, family, neutrals, people who've never been to a football match before, other football fans, other sports fans, even (gasp) F-worders, let's bring them along. I have already convinced one Red to go. See how many we can get through the gate. It should be a great game, and you never know who might leave wanting to come back next season.

If we get it high enough, we can also largely enjoy the game satisfied with a moral and financial victory regardless of what happens on the pitch

This ^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    This ^^^^^^^
    Just for you, Joe !

https://audioboom.com/posts/2063343-...d-brian-stubbs

As in Ivor?

Are there any offers on? Might be able to attend (a rarity for me) as well as my dad (depending on the weather).

I remember Pompey bringing 5,000+ to ML in the 90s during one of their promotion campaigns - think Paul Walsh scored the winner in front of their fans in the Kop?

Wouldn't at all be surprised to see a similar number on Easter Monday - will likely be an absolutely vital game for them.

And let's remind their keeper, Forde, throughout the WHOLE game, what a cheating tw@t he is. Getting Collins sent off by his "injury" theatrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooderson View Post
    I remember Pompey bringing 5,000+ to ML in the 90s during one of their promotion campaigns - think Paul Walsh scored the winner in front of their fans in the Kop?

Wouldn't at all be surprised to see a similar number on Easter Monday - will likely be an absolutely vital game for them.
    I would expect 5,000 + from Pompey & for this reason AH would be mad to put any offers on (other than his usual under 12s free) let's hope that the adult Notts fans who have been treated very well lately turn up & make it a 12-13,000 gate & show the kids what a real atmosphere feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I would expect 5,000 + from Pompey & for this reason AH would be mad to put any offers on (other than his usual under 12s free) let's hope that the adult Notts fans who have been treated very well lately turn up & make it a 12-13,000 gate & show the kids what a real atmosphere feels like.
    Would be nice if we could pick up 5 or 6 pts before we got to the Pompey match, Kev. Knowing we were pretty much safe would enable us to have a real good go at them.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Would be nice if we could pick up 5 or 6 pts before we got to the Pompey match, Kev. Knowing we were pretty much safe would enable us to have a real good go at them.
    I honestly think that we will be safe by then if we are not already, unfortunately this could actually work against us gate wise,after all the good work AH has put in it would be a shame to see us outnumbered by visiting fans, having said that with it being a Bank Holiday & given the new feelgood factor I can't see it happening in fact if we get good weather it could easily be our best crowd of the season.