+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Clement, Pearson and McClaren...what's changed?

Clement, Pearson and McClaren...what's changed?

Over a year now since Clement was sacked and going on six months since we saw the back of Pearson. All that's been heard from either since is a deafening silence which may say something about the terms of the termination or the characters involved.
    Suddenly though something seems to have changed. McClaren isn't keeping so quiet and is speaking of the 'volatile environment' at Pride Park. He continues to be more openly critical of Mel Morris by suggesting...'I was the sixth manager in 18 months since Mel Morris has taken over the club', in a 'so what can you expect' kind of way. Unfortunately this statement makes about as much sense as his most recent post match press conferences. You were actually the third manager appointed since MM took over Steve...Clement, Pearson and yourself. Wassall was only ever appointed as a 'caretaker' and Chris Powell was again in charge for just one match as a 'stop gap'. Exaggeration never helped anyone's case Steve, so please move along and let the guy most of us wanted in the first place - sorry Rog - get on with things.

I suppose if you get sacked twice by the same bloke then you might be a little sore.

Yeah, those two pay offs must really hurt. Very debatable that Mel's sacked him twice anyway. First time he surely wanted away and technically Mel hadn't taken over by the time he went anyway.

"What's Changed" That's a good question to put into light,so let's throw it out there. Over the course of the 2 reigns of McClaren, Clement and Pearson,we have seen a rapid decline in performances from the player's and have been hearing far too many things going off backstage that doesn't help morale at all,which links to McClaren's comments about Derby being a "Volatile Environment" to work in.

see Ratpost below - the first SM firing probably cost us nothing so hardly a payoff

McClaren has stolen a living for years, not exactly a motivator is he?, he's a smug looking bloke that seems to think he's got a lush head of hair ffs

But he's right about Mel and there being a volatile environment imo

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Yeah, those two pay offs must really hurt. Very debatable that Mel's sacked him twice anyway. First time he surely wanted away and technically Mel hadn't taken over by the time he went anyway.
    Big assumption there Anag and as a poster who usually holds to facts, I'm surprised that you continue with that assumption. Mel was in charge when he was sacked the first time, it was one of his first acts I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Big assumption there Anag and as a poster who usually holds to facts, I'm surprised that you continue with that assumption. Mel was in charge when he was sacked the first time, it was one of his first acts I believe.
    You may well be right Swale...technically...but equally I'm fairly sure Clement was appointed in July - by which time McClaren had obviously gone - and technically MM was not fully in place until September. Clearly he had an input but McClaren certainly hadn't helped his own cause and it is just exaggerated nonsense for him to claim that by the time of his second appointment he was Morris' sixth manager. Just unhelpful **** stirring imo.
    Equally, if it doesn't work out with Rowett - and I sincerely hope and believe that it will - then I imagine questions will have to be asked even by the most loyal of MM supporters.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 21-03-2017 at 10:34 PM.

Its going to be difficult to know if Rowetts getting the treatment though.. Clement was unshaven when he was getting the down tools treatment... Pearson also went unshaven when getting the treatment... and Mac became more hunch backed and lost 70% of his island when getting the treatment..

Rowett already sports the unshaven look so can't be that... maybe he'll shave it off under the treatment?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)