+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next season

Next season

United, for all intents & purposes are up, they won't agree yet & who could blame them but they are certs now, us on the other hand while still in the hunt probably won't make it this year, so, that means derbies again, the only real derby for us in my opinion...playing your Rotherham's & Barnsley's mean next to nothing extra for me, if we do end up playing each other what do people think about it...do you enjoy derby games?, I know we do if we win but the build up?...could do without them for a bit longer for me so Wednesday better get their fingers out.

PS...thanks to United for all the fun of the last six years, I never expected it but will always remember it..

i hope they go bust and fold.the football league can well do without dirty scrubbers and clubs what have employed xxx offenders.they wonder why they are hated but think everyone loves them and want them back.scum

Looks like the pigs are up this season, lets hope they go straight back to where they belong

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    United, for all intents & purposes are up, they won't agree yet & who could blame them but they are certs now, us on the other hand while still in the hunt probably won't make it this year, so, that means derbies again, the only real derby for us in my opinion...playing your Rotherham's & Barnsley's mean next to nothing extra for me, if we do end up playing each other what do people think about it...do you enjoy derby games?, I know we do if we win but the build up?...could do without them for a bit longer for me so Wednesday better get their fingers out.

PS...thanks to United for all the fun of the last six years, I never expected it but will always remember it..
    Probably won't make it ?
    It's the business end of the season with all to play for, don't give up yet!
    We're well capable of going on a decent run and hitting the playoffs in a bit of form.
    As for the derby, it's a bigger game for them than us at the minute and would be just a temporary distraction from hopefully bigger things.
    We're better than them and they would have little chance of doing owt in the championship so it would be their only thing to look forward to.
    If they were to win one, it would be a big thing for them and be a big upset but for us it would be expected and just be 3 points against a poor side (I would still enjoy it though).

Quote Originally Posted by banno View Post

Probably won't make it ?
    Reverse psychology pal...last year I genuinely thought we would after the Brighton games..

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    Reverse psychology pal...last year I genuinely thought we would after the Brighton games..
    Think I'll try it....."It will be great, having a Sheffield derby next season." He says, with hand shaking like a leaf. :-D

Come on Aussie, you know your looking forward to this weekends visit to Oakwell as much as the next man, dont give us the 'this match doesnt matter to me' comments
    But thats a good point about our local rival teams, and do we want to play against them regularly or do we want to see them struggle and go down ?
    Well I sort of did want to see the Blunts go down at the time, but I do still actually prefer matches against them compared to home or away matches against Cardiff or Brentford for example. And it is a shame to see the Millers do so badly this time by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Come on Aussie, you know your looking forward to this weekends visit to Oakwell as much as the next man, dont give us the 'this match doesnt matter to me' comments
    But thats a good point about our local rival teams, and do we want to play against them regularly or do we want to see them struggle and go down ?
    Well I sort of did want to see the Blunts go down at the time, but I do still actually prefer matches against them compared to home or away matches against Cardiff or Brentford for example. And it is a shame to see the Millers do so badly this time by the way.
    Never said matches against Barnsley don't matter, they all matter, I'm just saying games against Barnsley, Rotherham, Chesterfield aren't derby games to me...the only advantage for me when I was living at home in Sheffield was that theses games are closer...losing to you guys or the Millers hurts but only as much as any other team outside of Sheffield, losing to United hurts a lot more, that's the only way I can judge it...I know it's different for lots of Owls fans & that's OK.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)