+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewart says sorry

Stewart says sorry

Well I've seen TS's words but don't feel any more confident about the future than I did before I read the article.
    I can't help feeling that the lack of football knowledge amongst the members of the board and Technical Committee could again prove to be our undoing.
    I really hope I'm wrong and that TS's words are not just more hot air this time. UTM.
    Last edited by mellowmiller; 22-03-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Completely agree mellow - this bit worries me "The Millers may consider keeping Warne at the helm and bringing in an experienced No 2."
    So that's like the monkey playing the organ and the grinder dancing - this confirms two things to me :-
    1 That although TS says he is still ambitious a pairing of this type would be a waste of time and money - can you imagine Warne ,an inexperienced manager whos track record is pathetic at best being advised by an experienced number 2 - in my world I would only have the experienced number 2 FFS ,why would I need Warne(well he could still put the cones out).
    Secondly ......im bemused with the statement I forgot what point two was !!

it should be an experience manager with Warne number 2 if that's what he wants but still we will need to get a permanent fitness coach in.

Cant wait to see what the news will be, either I will be foaming at the mouth or smiling from ear to ear or I might just act normal whatever that is

Do what I do topsy and take everything at face value and try to give people the benefit of the doubt.
    Warne as manager no thanks.
    Warne as assistant to an experienced manager yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Do what I do topsy and take everything at face value and try to give people the benefit of the doubt.
    Warne as manager no thanks.
    Warne as assistant to an experienced manager yes.
    I don't think Warney, great bloke that he is, should be either the manager or his assistant.
    He may have created a good atmosphere in the changing room but his tactics and substitutions have been difficult to fathom on so many occasions.
    Also he apparently doesn't have the necessary coaching qualifications in any case.
    Let him go back to being fitness coach and maybe he could pick up a few new ideas from Ross Burbeary along the way.

TS has at least said sorry and takes full responsibility for our shambolic season. Applaud him for that.

Sounds like everything will be centred around youth so most of us get that as a strategy going forward. Like that.

We will have a top 5 budget in L1, so everything is going well so far.

Then he suggests Warney is in the running with 2 or 3 others and that he or they will consider Warney at the helm with an experienced number two at his side. What credible experienced coach would want to play second fiddle to Warney who isn't qualified to manage and since taking over has a very poor record of achievement. Someone correct me but I think it's Played 24, Won 3, Drawn 1 and lost 20. We have picked up 1 point out of a possible 36 in the last 12 games. There has to be a better option than Warney. Has to be kidology from the Showman

Last time we had "Exciting News" at half time - it was that a £50k lottery tickets has not been found yet - old news at that!

This has to be a good decision !

NR & AS we're both ( potentially ) the answer but we're not given time to start a rebuilding job. The theory of both these appointments were accepted by everyone - within reason...lol But neither was given TIME.

TS would have definitely sacked both City & United manager by now - the time allocated to both NR & AS is the tragedy of our recent history.....and each time these sackings have set us back years.

We are now in the same position but with the only benefit of those that made up the 60% of our budget are out of contract this summer......that's the only light at the end of the tunnel!

If Woods ( and selected others ) get a new contract this summer then at our club the tail is shaking the dogs and something is rotten in the club and we need surgery.....

But Warnsey simply can't do this - a MM consortium would have a better chance than Warnsey and A.N. OTHER....

NO - New stiff broom needed now and a director of football ( a nice option but doubtful )

[QUOTE=mellowmiller;38474501]
    Also he apparently doesn't have the necessary coaching qualifications in any case.
    Let him go back to being fitness coach and maybe he could pick up a few new ideas from Ross Burbeary along the way.[/QUOTE

He's already picked up some fresh ideas from Ross Burbeary.
    T.S may be using P.W. as a smokescreen and is about to pull a ' rabbit ' out of the hat, after all he did he did tell some supporters recently that the club were increasing Season Ticket prices next season, however he did have a big grin on his face when he realised some of them were in shock.

Pete, it's a top four budget not top five....just hope they use the budget correctly.

Just out of interest did anyone else attend the Newcastle match at home that sent me home buzzing - and the refereeing debacle at Huddersfield where we score the perfect counter attacking goal - only to be robbed by the referee!

Those were 2 brilliant performances against two top teams ! ( 2 out of 13 - at the start of the season with a new squad and has beens )

I still refuse to ignore that with Freck's and Kirk missing - bugger all money to spend - 60% of budget paying for old - slow players ( that must now go ) - That AS's tenure was nothing less than acceptable given the constraints placed upon him - not least the late start.

No - Stubbs is being used as a patsy for a planned relegation due to the cost of a realistic championship campaign !

And as PW says - with Warnsey's stat's - how the hell can he be considered.. .

Is it - smoke & mirrors....whatever....
    ( MM speak - Bullshine )

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast