+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pompey Takeover

Pompey Takeover

Will you be pleased if Pompey are lucky enough to find a decent owner? Won't it be a good thing for both clubs if a meaningful rivalry can be rebuilt? You found a good owner, why not us?

But you won't be 'fan owned' anymore, I thought that was the dream tbf.

Sur.vival was my dream rather than fan owned. Fan ownership certainly saved us but the way money and football are interwoven these days I don't believe fan ownership will get you far beyond promotion from Lg 1.
    You were fortunate to bag a minted owner and very well you have done since. Long way for us to go to close the gap but I would love it if we can get within touching distance in the next 5-10 years. Think both our clubs benefit from the rivalry but neither from the hatred. Anyway let's see how it goes and who knows we may play each other in home and away league fixtures one day.

Given your recent history of dodgy owners you need to hope this is not a Mickey Mouse offer from another Goofy owner ( couldn't resist that ��). Being slightly more serious, the intent to grow steadily over 5-10 would worry me since it is probably the most likely to eventually work. Fortunately,for us Saints fans, any new owner is put under pressure by those who believe that the past automatically translates into the present so unreasonable expectations from day1. Be interesting to see whether the long term common sense option wins out or if the lunatics are still running the asylum.

Just hoping we can slowly make our way back. I see Van Dijk is out for the season and that coupled with Charlie Austin injury will probably cost you 3 or 4 league places by season end. Still not a bad performance though and Saints fans should be happy. Losing players in the Summer is always a threat at St.Marys so hopefuuly you can hang on to your better players.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge View Post
    But you won't be 'fan owned' anymore, I thought that was the dream tbf.
    Indeed it was - truly the bestest thing ever, they said (repeatedly, ad nauseam).

Now someone (anyone) rocks up on Dr Moreau's island with a few sheckels in his wallet and the fickle faithless are whipping their dicks out quicker than a charity thief down Edinburgh Street with a poppy tin under his arm.

You couldn't make it up.

What will they do if this new owners gets them back into the premier league though? I mean that hate it on a massive level, so surely they will not back this takeover?