+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO Site Administrator

FAO Site Administrator

Your site is dying and you are to blame, you had the opportunity to deal with the rancid personal abuse dealt out time after time to anyone who showed any sort of allegiance to Rangers or anything these diseased minds sought to link to us.

The Rangers hate hit an all time high when we were fraudulently taken over and then fed to the wolves by the crooks who picked at the bones of our carcass, it was like watching a dying victim trying to get up after a savage street beating only to be stabbed again and again by those enraged by petty jealousy and inbred bigotry, you hoped we would just die and go away, but it didn't quite work out the way you wanted.

When you weren't revelling in our slow lingering death you sat back laughing at the sub human retorts spewed out by the same cretinous subjects who are now left alone on your board as it dies, you can't do anything about these mutants now as banning them will ultimately end your board and end your income from the pitiful advertising revenue
    that obviously means so much to you.

You have allowed every Rangers fan to become so disillusioned with your site that none post here anymore, the constant abuse handed out and the refusal of you to do your job and properly administer the site has seen an end to what was once a decent site that stimulated debate, often humorous, constantly about football and had many posters from all clubs submitting posts that were relevant, thoughtful or even just a good laugh.

That has gone now and you are to blame, take a look at the posts on your site, a time ago you would have binned the Butcher of the Bogside thread as it would be obvious how it would turn out, now it has to stay as you desperately try to get the clicks needed to create that revenue stream, unprincipled and immoral but not surprising. I replied to this thread by giving an "victims" account of living in Belfast during the troubles and an article from a highly regarded columnist, in return I get the usual personal abuse and even a thread started in my honour with the usual abuse.

I stayed of this site for months to see if the hatred would die down, I thought perhaps it was my posting style that infuriated some and therefore maybe I was perhaps somehow to blame for the personal abuse thrown my way, but having looked in occasionally I seen that despite there being no Rangers affiliated person posting on the board the hatred is still very much apparent with every thread filled with hate for Rangers or anything associated, all this and not a Rangers minded person posting a word on here, that tells you everything you need to know about this site and it's editor.

To have a good Scottish football site you need to act impartially and deal with the cretins who refuse to toe the line, you have failed to do this and are left with a cesspool of bigotry and hatred, I hope you are comfortable with what you see when you look in the mirror these days.

That's quite a rant but I preferred the towel saluting story ...

And btw Rangers were liquidated. That's not hatred but the truth

Wolph's back and she's in full meltdoon mode oh ma phuckin sides

Fraudulently taken over..

Hi, I hope you are well.

I don’t intend to respond point by point raised as many overlap. I will try to cover all the main points but forgive me if I miss something. Apologies for the delay in responding but I was dealing with pictures from the Australian Grand Prix as I have many interests that drag me away from the site.

Brief history; the site was set up to cover football as it is played in or affects Scotland. The only team the site truly supports is Scotland. Views are welcomed from fans of any team.

I have never written or posted anything against any team. I have tried to post facts, whether disputed or not, and kept my personal opinions on all the issues raised to myself. I am happy for anybody to find anything that suggests I have forgotten something since 1999 when I took over running the site first on Rivals and currently on Footymad. I have posted at least one story per day apart from perhaps 15 in all that time. All holidays and Christmas still see me posting something.

Over the last 18 years I have been accused of being a supporter of or biased towards most teams in the Scottish Premiership. It took posters a number of years to figure out I supported Hibs.

Neither I nor the site has anything against any team. I will jus repeat that. Neither I nor the site has anything against any team. It would be pointless as the whole idea of the site is to encourage debate among football fans. To alienate any club would stifle debate as many views are required to allow people to form opinions. Nobody is right all the time and similarly nobody is wrong all the time. Most people recognise that people are contradictory from time to time as their views may have been affected by something other than that which appears on the board. I am sure we could all find things we would rather not have posted but it must have felt OK the time.

There are two significantly large clubs in Scotland based in Scotland. Both have many fans site which are available if you are interested in hearing only how great they are. Both have histories which record their achievements. I understand, as I don’t visit them, that they are very popular and often have something to say about their rivals. Taking into account how strong feelings can be about your rivals I am sure there will be less than complimentary posts from time to time. The admins of those sites deal with things as they see fit.

Over the last 18 years many names have come and gone. As I have said many times, I rarely pay attention to who posts what so do not have an idea of which teams have been backed or not as the case may be. I try not to interfere in threads as I have other ways of getting things said – the articles I post. I have posted a number of times that posters should be thick skinned to deal with the inevitable comment that appears as if an attack on their club or themselves. I have asked posters to deal with slagging in a humorous way as you would in a pub. I have also asked that posters do not attack partners of posters as they do not have access to reply. I presume that most posters are of the grown up variety and have been involved on face to face discussions where they hear things they do not agree with. I doubt many such discussions result in blaming the owner of the bar, club, company where the discussion took place. However, you are free to do so. I may not agree with you but I agree that you should be free to make your comments. I could have binned your post as soon as I saw it. But what would be the fun in that? Posts hopefully start debate. And so we get back to the main reason for the site.

You suggest that my approach to allowing posters a degree of freedom is in the hope of lots of hits. You would not be the first to suggest this. You would also not be the first to be wrong. This site costs me money to run and always has. I do not do this for the money. I do not think any site admin/owner of any fan site does. The days of the idea net millionaires died within two years of the internet being established with many people seeing how easy it is to set up a site and try to make money. I am sure some research has been done somewhere the statistics on how many site have been born and died over the years. A small subset of that will be those sites which made money. I think the popular social media site are still trying to make a profit and their worth if judged by investors willing to inject money in the hope that their pockets are deep enough to cover losses until the day where the balance sheet turns from red to black.

You will be aware of the concept of investing in a loss making business with the aim of turning the corner I am sure.

There is no way any site can keep everybody happy especially one that deals with Scottish football with the century old rivalries it has to deal with. I have never visited the break away site but I did warn then that running a board was not as easy as they thought. Their original stance was no bar on swearing, no bans, freedom for all. I understand that that stance has had to be amended with experience.

You are right that I do not feel comfortable when looking in the mirror but I never have and age has not been helpful.

I hope you have a good weekend.

Wonder who rolf is talking about as he has everyone bar wab on ignore

So much for "no-one likes us we dont care" ..

Tell you what, why don't you give us a "victims" account of living in Belfast during the troubles" from the other side?
    Or perhaps there were no nationalist "victims" since they all got what they deserved eh?

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    So much for "no-one likes us we dont care" ..
    They would have been better off with the mantra of "No-one likes us - maybe we should find out why"

Not quite as catchy but might have helped...

The huns disappeared after the humiliation of the Scottish Cup final, them's the facts wab is still here though, threatening posters as he does, guess wolph has no problem with that

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)