+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would Warne be the right choice?

Would Warne be the right choice?

Further confirmation, as if we needed it, that Warney will get the job.
    Tony Stewart sowed the seeds and the local media are now making them grow.
    Stand by for the official confirmation on or around April 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Further confirmation, as if we needed it, that Warney will get the job.
    Tony Stewart sowed the seeds and the local media are now making them grow.
    Stand by for the official confirmation on or around April 5th.
    April First would be more appropriate and the joke would be on us

How on earth could he be the right choice? On what basis? Managerial record? Experience? Tactical know-how? 'It could have been so much worse without Warne..'? How? It wouldn't have been worse if the MillersMad Technical Committee had taken over. We might as well have persevered with Redfearn or Stubbs. There is absolutely no footballing basis for appointing Warne - but he's cheap, loyal and as existing employee can be more readily manipulated.

I have nothing against the man, I admire and respect him for his hard work and commitment and wish we had more like him at the club. But he's not management material. (But if he is appointed I sincerely hope he proves me wrong!)

Sounds like it Mellow.

An absolutely disgraceful piece of writing. Typical of the worst sort of propaganda where events and actions are given a particular slant. The "bad" guys are described as "blowing" budgets, "bolting" from challenges, having "no feel" for the club or town whereas Sir Galahad Warne is described in terms of heroic loyalty and struggle against adversity. The author of this crap can't justify PW's appalling record so ducks the issue by suggesting without him things could have been much worse.
    There are a handful of us on here that are trying to do the job of holding Stewart to account while the poodle press fawn and roll over. Garbage and I hope the fans see this campaign for the nonsense it is.

Tony,must be aware of the frustrated fans,listening to the clowns on Radio Deedaa, spouting every thing good about Warney.I have not spoken to one fan who is in favour of this.Knowing this widespread resentment,A proper manager with experience and understanding of lower league football is a must. I cannot possibly see him appointing an unqualified manager at this very important time in the clubs history.

This is one of Paul Davis worst pieces yet.

There was a slight new manager bounce when he took over but then the team has looked as disorganised and poor as they did under Alan Stubbs.

Yes the squad he inherited was poor, but there is no excuse for a lack of organisation and effort which have both been prevalent in recent matches.

Warnock inherited what was a under performing squad and turned them into an organised unit who were difficult to beat and who managed to get the results we needed to keep our Championship status.

Problem is the Warnock's of this world do not come cheap, the Warne's do.

If Warne gets the job I hope he is fully aware that the gloves will be off and if we get the same level of performances in league 1 he will get slaughtered, club 'legend' or not.

By no stretch of the imagination do I want Warne to get the job because the likelihood is we will be relegated to league 2 rather than be competing at the top end of league 1. I base this on his lack of ability to get any organisation or fight into the team, his total lack of tactical awareness and the poor signings in the January transfer window.

In my opinion we need to change as much as possible from this seasons disaster, starting with first team manager and the rest of the back room staff.

How could it of been so much worse.

You mean we might of won a couple of games and not get relegated?

Are you a Wednesday fan In disguise

Big fat no.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast