+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: o't an unusual and important request

o't an unusual and important request

I have thought long and hard before posting this.

One of my former employees - a decent person with whom I have remained in contact with for a number of years - told me recently that their 80 year old parent - who lives in Maltby - has been the victim of what appears to be low level harassment - repeated damage to their car bodywork and more recently broken bottle on the driveway. Think they are being singled out because nobody around them is having this experience. This person is very frail and deeply unwell - undergoing treatment as well. If anyone knows who may be singling them out for such treatment could have a quiet word with them - no threats, just a polite and firm request to stop then it will not go further. I have offered to pay to get their place covertly rigged to gather evidence if this goes on much longer, and then over to the law for the rest.

thanks (long shot I know, but worth a try - I really hate the thought of vulnerable folk being subjected to this kind of carry on and will do what I can to help put a stop to it, legally, of course)

sm

Police will do fit CCTV in appropriate cases I believe.....good luck with that one!

I wish I had the number for the 'A' team....Oh wouldn't it be nice....!

This is very sad and disturbing to read…how the so called 'brave' scum can even contemplate targeting an 80 year old…

I understand your strong feelings on this but how can you obtain help with this without divulging certain details?

What a shame the Equalizer isn't a real person….

Could it be kids that the person may have told off?

they need to see the community police officer who will advise what to do, will also advise, in some cases fit security
    locks to doors and windows and sort cctv out for you.

If that fails go to a council surgery and they will also help or point you in the right direction.

Good luck
    Last edited by millertop; 28-03-2017 at 06:47 AM.

I've come across a similar thing to this before.

It was to do with intimidating a person so the family moved out of the house. The low life doing it wanted to move relatives into the property so was forcing the move.

Fear of waking up trolls forbids me from commenting on the origins of this very nice person.

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger View Post
    I've come across a similar thing to this before.

It was to do with intimidating a person so the family moved out of the house. The low life doing it wanted to move relatives into the property so was forcing the move.

Fear of waking up trolls forbids me from commenting on the origins of this very nice person.
    I don't give a fack for the trolls. I saw a Youtube video where an elderly lady was being constantly harassed in Rotherham as she lived in a mainly Muslim neighborhood and they wanted her to move out so they will doing all kinds of things to force her out and get one of their own in.

Sad to hear this has happened sawmiller, but without an address, which you obviously won't want to put on here, it will be difficult for anyone to have a word with anyone who might be doing it.

Thanks folks for your words of concern. I will subtly ask around a couple houses nearby when I am next over (in Ireland most of the time now) of one or two 'ears to the ground' - hopefully, whoever it is will pack it in/get fed up and this old fella can concentrate on trying to recover his health.

Yes good luck to him.