+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Brewdog Being C@nts

I brewed a pumpkin ale a few years ago. One of my best home brews. Standard pale ale recipe + 1kg of mashed pumpkin. Added some nutmeg and cinnamon as well.

Brewing with fruits is always a mixed bag. Tried a raspberry ale but it was overly tart - less is more. I've heard great things about brewing black cherries in a stout but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

If you want a really interesting brew, try making a milk stout (lactose for body) with added black coffee. Nothing like mixing a stimulant with a depressant!
    Last edited by ragnarok; 15-11-2017 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    You tried Kinggoblin Special Reserve (6.7%)? £1.50/500ml at asda and morrisons. Absolute nectar.
    That sh@t is good. Wytchwood breweries is one of my favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    I brewed a pumpkin ale a few years ago. One of my best home brews. Standard pale ale recipe + 1kg of mashed pumpkin. Added some nutmeg and cinnamon as well.

!
    If you want a good pumpkin ale. The Gourde Standard Pumpkin IPA. I had a few bottles down to Donington this year for the hotel. Lovely stuff (and makes for a good breakfast)

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    That sh@t is good. Wytchwood breweries is one of my favourites.
    Kinggoblin is top of the leaderboard just now - superb stuff
    Mcewans/Champion 7.3%
    Broughton Ales / Old Jock 6.7%
    Guinness West Indies Porter 6%
    Broughton Ales/ IPA 6.2%

Happily drink only these for the rest of time - get tore in Pac if you havent already.
    Any good recommendations for wheat beer? I love Erdinger/Leffe/Franziskaner probably cos its the only stuff available fae the supermarket. 6 degrees north do some good 'uns but i can never mind what theyre called after a few...same with my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Kinggoblin is top of the leaderboard just now - superb stuff
    Mcewans/Champion 7.3%
    Broughton Ales / Old Jock 6.7%
    Guinness West Indies Porter 6%
    Broughton Ales/ IPA 6.2%

Happily drink only these for the rest of time - get tore in Pac if you havent already.
    Any good recommendations for wheat beer? I love Erdinger/Leffe/Franziskaner probably cos its the only stuff available fae the supermarket. 6 degrees north do some good 'uns but i can never mind what theyre called after a few...same with my kids.
    I do like an Old Jock

The Guinness West Indian Porter is ace but get wired into their Rye Pale Ale. It f@cking lovely

Wheat beers in our shops are pretty much what you have named. But there is nothing wrong with them. Big fan of Erdinger and Franziskaner. The Dunkels are better but they are rarer with us

I have a funny story about Erdinger. When we played Bayern Munich away in 08 me, Pacbro and Pacbros ex were looking for a pint somewhere on the Wednesday night, we stumbled across this posh as f@ck club. Grand Piano at the door and Ferrerot Rocher type affair, everyone dressed in their finest and I mean their finest ball gowns and sh@t. We decided it was a bit up market for us. So we didn't bother, then the bouncer called us back, a really fine chap and we had a blether, he eventually asked if we were Scottish (Dons tops being a give away). He said not to worry how we were dressed and let us in because he loved scottish folk. Ive never felt so out of place in my life while having a drink. Dons shirt, jeans trainers standing out like a sore thumb. Anyway Erdinger Dunkel was the beer of choice. They brought through a crate to stock the fridge and layed it down next to us who were barflying at the time. But then after we finished our first the crate was still there and it was chilled but seemed to be forgotten about, so I thought f@ck it lets take one of these which turned into 2 then 3 then 4 then 5. We never got caught all night. We then retired to the hotel with a decent heedy on and it cost the price of 3 bottles. Good times

Anyway in terms of wheat beers if you see them.
    Hofbräu Hefeweizen,
    Paulaner Oktoberfest,
    Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier (on tap in the Moorings, f@cks you up after a few),

Other fantastic German beers

Augustiner Dunkel (one of my favourites)
    Bayerischer Leipziger Gose(coriander beer, may not be to your taste but I love it)
    Fortuna Export
    Astra Rotlicht
    Pyraser Rotbier

For the record my favourite beers top 5

7 Giraffes (there is no finer beer)
    Astra Rotlich
    Pyraser Rotbier
    Brooklyn Brown Ale
    Anchor Blackberry Daze

Im away to the Czech Republic in 2 weeks. Ill will report back with my findings. Im sure I will be like a kid in a sweetie shop
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 17-11-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456