+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If....

If....

...only the directors had acted sooner, where would we be?????

Hindsight's is a lovely thing

Indeed . . I my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle etc etc. And there's no telling who the Board would have appointed with more time in the summer.

Well we started the season well but the Bennell 'thing' reared its head and it seemed to go downhill after that !!

everything is hindsite . We wanted a new manager at the beginning of the season but had to wait till Christmas and DA was not my choice but he has performed 100% better than I thought so I am now on board with him and will be renewing my season ticket for next year .Its a big IF but if he had been in charge at the start of the season we might all be having a different conversation

The Board had given Davis until September and we were flirting with the playoff spots then. He should have gone at the end of last season, but at least he is out now. I did not know what to expect from Artell. He was a surprising choice to me, but he has led a significant improvement in results and player morale, and has given me a real feeling of optimism for next season. No-one seems to mention Lunt's likely contribution to the revival. He deserves credit too.

Of course, IRealize that hindsight is easy. I just thought a bit of light-hearted speculation might be entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    ...only the directors had acted sooner, where would we be?????

If only we had started this run a month earlier, a repeat of 2012 would have been on the cards!
    if only we could keep Bowery and Cooke for next season - both have been very good signings!
    If only we could get the view of Mr. Negative and his partner now that we are winning again - but they both go silent as usual!

Love the catchy title to this thread too - "If" - guaranteed to make you click on it to answer "if what?"

Davis should have gone after the 4-1 defeat to Cheltenham. Who knows we may have been in the top 7 now. Let's just look forwards with optimism for next season, with 6 points off Vale to start with!

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust View Post
    Hindsight's is a lovely thing
    As is cunnilingus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast