+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doonhamers v Arabs

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Today's programme says we beat them in the league 1-0 way back in 1962 .....quite possibly that was the last time ??
    Thanks for the information Johnny and it was the era I was thinking about but before my spectating days however the bloke behind me actually mentioned this game and the fact that Utd were staying in the County Hotel on the Friday night beforehand.

Apart from the two goals we conceded I thought Queens were brilliant today . Play attacking football like that and you'll see us pick up points most weeks . Dobbie & Lyle are still absolute class to watch . That's 35 goals between them this season despite being 34 & 36 years old

Last home game v St.Mirren I left early as we were so lacking in fight, quality and desire.
    Today was so much better, plenty of effort and set up to win the game rather than avoid defeat.
    It was also an entertaining match and in the end we were deserved winners.

Thoroughly deserved victory over the Arabs and it was clear from the start with the attacking formation selected Queens intention was to go for the jugular which they did. There was a forward drive combined with real midfield pace right through the team which has been lacking in recent performances and in Joe Thomson we have a potential gem of a player unfortunately only on loan but hope the club can sign him up on permanent basis.
    On the negative today, not too many to report, we seem to have got into a real bad habit of conceding really silly goals when we are in a dominant position which then swings the momentum of the game. The mad goalie was at it yesterday and is becoming somewhat of a liability and must surely unsettle any defence in front of him.
    I bet Naysmith was tearing his hair out again after these mishaps but if we can eradicate these aberrations from our game and play with the intensity and attacking prowess shown yesterday then the future is sound, unlike our current defensive form. Mon the South

Special mention to Stephen Dobbie and his nutmeg on Willo Flood during the 1st half . Absolute quality moment

Stick Dobbie in a partnership and this is the result. A goal and two assists. A different team to watch yesterday.

What was wrong with Mercer and Dowie? Nursing injuries or just dropped?

Both dropped I'd assume.

It will be interesting to see what the away support was compared to the home one. There were 802 less fans there than the last time v. Arabs in November [2316 minus 1514.]
    I'm sure their fans were even in the Terregles Street terracing that day.

Is there any highlights of this game we can watch?

Not found any as yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)