+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So the 50+ applicants will have been vetted over the weekend….

So the 50+ applicants will have been vetted over the weekend….

well according to TS thats we he put in the Tizer last week….

So the big question has to be 'Have we chosen an outsider Tony?'

I trust he will have been wise and considered some of the top names in those 50+

Not so much vetted, more like gelded.

It's got to be a man with Championship experience, used to managing on a shoe string, used to motivating players back from cruciate ligament injuries, popular with the squad, won't be buying expensive suits on expenses and has a name that the Chairman can pronounce. Hmmm, a difficult one...

Sorry, thought this thread was about a replacement for frog. Far more important than wondering about the next pathetic appointment by TS.

All this talk about Warne and his assistant manager, why not make Warne the assistant manager alongside an experienced Div 1 manager. That way he could learn the ropes and he could still be good cop with the players. The manager would need to be the bad cop...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    All this talk about Warne and his assistant manager, why not make Warne the assistant manager alongside an experienced Div 1 manager. That way he could learn the ropes and he could still be good cop with the players. The manager would need to be the bad cop...
    Far too sensible a suggestion!

What "Patty" said.....

I hope he's considering my application I think I have a chance with my CV.
    After all I have never managed a football club in a division higher than Rotherham & District Div 6 ,never won more than 5 games in a season but most importantly the lads loved me , they gave me their all and we never stopped laughing - only once did I have to go home on the bus on my own after a humiliating defeat 10 -1 by the Ravenfield Whippett Club over 60,s anthat was cos somebody nicked my car and the boys told me "to leg it you old fart!"

When can you start ?

Warne should be no where near the manager set up.

he could be the assistant fitness coach of he wants