+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Paul Hurst Should Be The Next Rotherham Manager

If Warne is appointed I think most are prepared to unite behind him and give him time to show what he can do with the shackles off. But at this moment in time the majority aren't convinced he's the right choice. Nonetheless, I'm sure we'll all be glad when the curtain finally comes down on this long-running farce.

Sooner have Warney than Hurst. If TS goes with PW lets get behind him. Brecks let him go back to his old job. Need a bad cop coach to work with Warney who can get us set up right.

Get your season tickets, back the chairman. One bad season out of nine, give TS chance to get us back.

We should have been relegated last season but a bona fide manager Neil Warnock offered his services to TS and duly presented us with this year, our bonus season. Did we take advantage of this silver plated gift? no, and the reason for this was the ineptitude of TS in making another poor managerial appointment i.e. Stubbs. Warnock gave TS plenty of warning, saying if a team that had Premiership aspirations came in for him...then he was off, off to try to set a personal record re number of promotions.

TS dithered and then he and his Technical Committee made the Stubbs blunder. I also expect TS to blunder again, left to his own devices. Warne? For me, no. Hurst? Mandy makes an excellent case for appointing him but for me I'd leave him to carry on at the Shrews. We need a break from our parochial past and need to appoint someone with higher abilities if we aspire to instant promotion.

We also need a manager to cull the present squad. Not just tampering here and there but a full-scale clear out.

Yes Hurst is the obvious and correct choice as I've posted on a number of occasions.

However Stewart will consider things after SW game when Warnes record will be won 1 out of 20 so he will get the job!....Makes sense!

Don't understand the fascination with Ex players.

I would like to congratulate zilzal on his brilliant predictions over the last few seasons.

He predicted our demise and was laughed at by the usual know alls on here because we had one lucky season when the mighty Leyton Orient missed a penalty.

I have been betting on our hopeless team all season and they continue to pay me on a regular basis.

When Zilzal speaks then I for one take notice...Of course I would do wouldn't I?

I await his pre season analysis for L1...

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Don't understand the fascination with Ex players.
    if you take out the ex player bit linking hurst to rotherham then he actually has a decent record and a good shout...

i put a shout out for darrell clark of bristol rovers at the beginning of the season and again after AS got the sack but i think the bird has now flown regarding this bloke as hes signed a contract extension.

another one who is a face from the past and has dropped down the league is now forest green manager mark cooper.. got a decent record where ever he has managed

Ilkeston, Boston, Grimsby and Shrewsbury.

Are we like them?

At the risk of sounding massive I would say not.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    if you take out the ex player bit linking hurst to rotherham then he actually has a decent record and a good shout...

i put a shout out for darrell clark of bristol rovers at the beginning of the season and again after AS got the sack but i think the bird has now flown regarding this bloke as hes signed a contract extension.

another one who is a face from the past and has dropped down the league is now forest green manager mark cooper.. got a decent record where ever he has managed
    Shame he's signed a new contract as Clark would have been a good appointment for us.

The Cowley Brothers at Lincoln were my pick (before the FA Cup run) but Mandy may have convinced me Hursty is the right man.

The timing of the announcement still intrigues me. Shrewsbury won't be safe by then. Lincoln won't be promoted. If it was Warne you'd just announce it now. Maybe there's a certain amount of managers you are allowed to appoint in one year period and we've reached our limit.

saw and millmooremagic was you saying the same thing last season before Neil Warnock came in??

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast