+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pricing Structure

Pricing Structure

What are people's thoughts on the pricing structure at Queens?

I notice that according to the BBC Price of Football report we are the fourth dearest "basic" season ticket price in the league but the second cheapest match day ticket. Are people happy with the costs?

Queens have frozen their season ticket prices for 3/4 years now and are the cheapest in the league I think . They never got greedy and charged extra when Hearts , Hibs & Rangers came calling unlike the rest of the teams

I take it prices are frozen AGAIN next season as the advert for next seasons shirt draws says all entries will receive a season ticket worth £256 which is the price of our season ticket for 3/4 years now

Well done Queens for freezing prices again

Raith were one pound cheaper than Queens last weekend, so they are the only ones cheaper in the ScoChamp.

Yeah I saw that on the BBC, just for the record I dont mind paying £16, I wouldnt even mind paying about £20. It all depends on what way you cut the figures, as I say we are the fourth dearest in terms of cheapest season ticket but I think if you look at all the clubs dearest season ticket I think we are about 8th.

Im just thinking of ways to get more people in on a Saturday. I have only been in Dumfries about six months but I am amazed that QOTS is a full time professional club given the number of fans that are there on a Saturday, obviously I dont know about the past but speaking from my experience in Northern Ireland, there would be similar crowds at an Irish Premier league match but most of those players would be part timers.

Our crowds aren't great but we've the advantage of having the Queens Arena , the King George V facility and our 3G pitch to bring in extra finance away from football

The club now MUST concentrate in bring more young fans back to Palmerston . The JUNIOR BLUES season ticket is only £18 a year ( £1 a game ) we've really got to push that this Summer . Get out there and sell it

get the youngsters hooked early before it's too late

Raith Rovers may charge £15 entrance fee for adults but their season tickets cost £270 compared to £256 at Queens . They also charge £50 for juniors compared to our £18 Junior Blue season ticket

the prob is in the bigger picture ,prices keep going up year on year for fans the length and breadth of the country ,albeit our prices have stayed frozen for a number of years ,but for football in whole prices go up and up year on year to accomidate these inflated player wages these days ,at some point its all going to come to a head where people just stop attending and crowds going down and down ,the question is at what point and when do the authorities step in and say this trend has to stop ,will it take loads of clubs going out of business ,action will have to be taken at some point in the future or we wont have a professional game left .

Thinking back now junior blues must have been a god send for my dad when he used to drive my brother and I to Queens games from Edinburgh. I loved the T-shirt I got as well. Wore it with pride at school.

I like what Stirling do with students as they charge them £1 entry although that is probably not so viable for us. Always an option! Really looking forward to how the club push forward with marketing.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)