+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's give Warne a chance....

Let's give Warne a chance....

Look if it is Warne let him have a go and look to prove himself....

For the record I don't want him to be first choice second in command yes to learn the job going forward..however if he's chosen we as fans need to show support and unity going forward..

What will be will be as the man with the money will have made the choice so you won't change dot creating silly posts K... so leave that one alone Fella...

If it's not Warne then please look to show patience and not create a lynch mob if we don't win our first 6 games in league one...

Agree Brin

But I wouldn't hold your breath.
    Whoever it is patience needs to be something we all show including TS.

UTM

Wonder how many Barnsley fans were initially against Heckinbottom stepping into their hot seat....just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Wonder how many Barnsley fans were initially against Heckinbottom stepping into their hot seat....just a thought.
    You really have to laugh, compare Heckinbottom's first 20 games against PW's...

Quote Originally Posted by millermanic View Post
    Hold on a minute, when Heckingbottom took charge the Barnsley team was just starting to take shape and get results, after Johnson had left, so he was rather lucky in that respect, i'm not saying he played no part in it, but you cannot compare the two, different leagues etc.

Quote Originally Posted by millermanic View Post
    How can you compare Barnsley with us. How many millions have they raked in this season starting with the Stones sell on. What money have we got in from out goings & sell on's. Not much.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    How can you compare Barnsley with us. How many millions have they raked in this season starting with the Stones sell on. What money have we got in from out goings & sell on's. Not much.
    It wasn't me that started the comparrisons.

If Warney gets the job I will wish him well.

on this season alone you have to say PW is a deff no.
    break it down with some of lbj logic and this is how it appears...

lbj says (without evidence) that AS had 40% of the budget to build a squad as 60% was already blown on the old guard. PW has had 0% of the budget as AS blew 100% of it on 13 player... most of were sub standard..
    the few players PW has managed to secure were purrington, ajayi O'Donnell, bray, morris, ekstrand.. plus brought smallwood back
    3 of those players would be in most MM starting 11 o donnell is no better or worst than price. morris/ekstrand, who knows if there any good or a waste of money?
    the gulf between league one and the championship is massive and theres usually 2 out of the 3 promoted team (from league 1) that end up going back down.
    if PW or whoever takes over can secure 4/5 more players at the quality of ajayi/purrington ect then we will be a strong contender.
    does PW deserve to have a season in league 1. imo im saying NO
    do i think if he was given the chance he could do well. if the past few signings are to go by then prob YES
    can we afford to give him a go, again its a NO.

do the right thing tony. go get us another steve evans type manager. all the players will hate him but most of the fans will love him. steve cottrell lbj?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    on this season alone you have to say PW is a deff no.
    break it down with some of lbj logic and this is how it appears...

lbj says (without evidence) that AS had 40% of the budget to build a squad as 60% was already blown on the old guard. PW has had 0% of the budget as AS blew 100% of it on 13 player... most of were sub standard..
    the few players PW has managed to secure were purrington, ajayi O'Donnell, bray, morris, ekstrand.. plus brought smallwood back
    3 of those players would be in most MM starting 11 o donnell is no better or worst than price. morris/ekstrand, who knows if there any good or a waste of money?
    the gulf between league one and the championship is massive and theres usually 2 out of the 3 promoted team (from league 1) that end up going back down.
    if PW or whoever takes over can secure 4/5 more players at the quality of ajayi/purrington ect then we will be a strong contender.
    does PW deserve to have a season in league 1. imo im saying NO
    do i think if he was given the chance he could do well. if the past few signings are to go by then prob YES
    can we afford to give him a go, again its a NO.

do the right thing tony. go get us another steve evans type manager. all the players will hate him but most of the fans will love him. steve cottrell lbj?
    Let me stoke the fire by just saying .....
    Go and get Evo back....

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast