+ Visit Preston North End FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Hopes of our Teams......

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Buckshaw Village
    Posts
    1,939

    Hopes of our Teams......

    Its the final 8 games for our teams and besides Barnsley we all have something to play for..well just about anyway but here goes.

    Reading 1 v 1 Leeds
    This could go either way and Readings strong home form may just see them squeak it however I am going to sit on the fence and go for the draw.
    PNE 3 v 1 Forest
    While its a must win game for Forest and with signs of recent improvement I still think a positive North End side will undo their defensive frailties and PNE are now on 5 back to back wins at home and on our day at Deepdale we fear nobody.
    Barnsley 3 v 2 Wendies
    I am going purely with my heart on this one and relying totally on Wendies nerves which are currently in tatters so lets go for a barn storming barnsley winner in the last few mins to break the Wendies hearts ha ha
    Burnley 1 v 2 Spurs
    Burnleys fantastic home form and Spurs generally very good season will see this game be very tight game but I think the Cockneys will just about edge it but i hope im wrong as I want to see the Dingles comfortably stay in the Prem

    Good look lads this weekend to all your teams !!!!!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Its the final 8 games for our teams and besides Barnsley we all have something to play for..well just about anyway but here goes.

    Reading 1 v 1 Leeds
    This could go either way and Readings strong home form may just see them squeak it however I am going to sit on the fence and go for the draw.
    PNE 3 v 1 Forest
    While its a must win game for Forest and with signs of recent improvement I still think a positive North End side will undo their defensive frailties and PNE are now on 5 back to back wins at home and on our day at Deepdale we fear nobody.
    Barnsley 3 v 2 Wendies
    I am going purely with my heart on this one and relying totally on Wendies nerves which are currently in tatters so lets go for a barn storming barnsley winner in the last few mins to break the Wendies hearts ha ha
    Burnley 1 v 2 Spurs
    Burnleys fantastic home form and Spurs generally very good season will see this game be very tight game but I think the Cockneys will just about edge it but i hope im wrong as I want to see the Dingles comfortably stay in the Prem

    Good look lads this weekend to all your teams !!!!!
    All of them 1 apiece = Gards accept it your team are going nowhere this season I think Fulham will pinch the fourth slot for the playoffs

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    37,416
    Im disappointed to say our season is 'over', and that we will struggle to finish in the top half.
    Yes ok its a big game when we play the Fowls, but it sucks that we're now just looking for consolation when things looked so much more promising back in January!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Darkest Lancashire
    Posts
    29,029
    Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    All of them 1 apiece = Gards accept it your team are going nowhere this season I think Fulham will pinch the fourth slot for the playoffs
    Your team are going to do a Preston in the play offs CB..

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Your team are going to do a Preston in the play offs CB..
    Not sure what that means Alf?????

    Options;
    1. Make a mess of it, having drawn in the first game and Monk claims 'Job Done'
    2. Winning by Getting Beckford in on loan and he plays the game of his life to secure a full contract and then he lets us down by getting sent off in every game he plays (ok slight exaggeration)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Buckshaw Village
    Posts
    1,939
    Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Not sure what that means Alf?????

    Options;
    1. Make a mess of it, having drawn in the first game and Monk claims 'Job Done'
    2. Winning by Getting Beckford in on loan and he plays the game of his life to secure a full contract and then he lets us down by getting sent off in every game he plays (ok slight exaggeration)
    There's me thinking Beckford had a cracking 2nd half of that season that got us into the play-offs in the first place but hey ho. Leeds aren't exactly world beaters in the Champ play-offs that's for sure.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Buckshaw Village
    Posts
    1,939
    Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    All of them 1 apiece = Gards accept it your team are going nowhere this season I think Fulham will pinch the fourth slot for the playoffs
    I know that but while it's possible why not dream particularly when nobody is in any sort of form.

    Acido I am gutted for you lot as your board have totally let the fans down as I think you definitely had half a chance for the play-offs particularly now seeing the play-off contenders and chasers form which is seriously indifferent since January. Totally totally missed opportunity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •