shopify analytics
+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Next seasons strip

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Would agree on white shorts just to break the blue monotin.
    monotony.....

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Today's teaser . Gad Attachment 4203
    Looks like a Grandad collar......

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    I wonder if this is the sort of kit we could be seeing?

Attachment 4204
    That would do, althought I'd replace the black with blue.

http://boards.footymad.net/attachmen...9&d=1491571775
    I would be delighted with something simple like that. Clean, traditional and modern.
    I don't suppose anyone will be surprised if I totally agree that this kit is boss (to use a scouse term.)
    And if you know your history Queens play in royal blue with a white shorts as a home kit, yellow shirts blue shorts as away kit.
    Just like the classic Mersey blues of old.
    90% of all the Merseyside branch are blues so I am well informed that this would be the classic look to use.
    Last edited by jimmerseybranch; 21-04-2017 at 07:47 PM. Reason: no picture

Quote Originally Posted by jimmerseybranch View Post
    http://boards.footymad.net/attachmen...9&d=1491571775

I don't suppose anyone will be surprised if I totally agree that this kit is boss (to use a scouse term.)
    And if you know your history Queens play in royal blue with a white shorts as a home kit, yellow shirts blue shorts as away kit.
    Just like the classic Mersey blues of old.
    90% of all the Merseyside branch are blues so I am well informed that this would be the classic look to use.
    Welcome back Jimmymerseybranch . Do you lads still make a few games a season ?

Sadly Jimmy our kits have been the victim of ill advised tinkering over the years, never less so than the introduction of the red away strip which is an abomination. At least it looks like that's being dropped this year. FWIW I think Everton's kits have been fairly consistently good over the last few years and Queens would do well to follow their example of simple slick design.

We still get up for the odd game, but this is personally my leanest year just one trip to Palmerston and no away games. The lowest figure since 2008. Work gets in the way sometimes. Hopefully can get cover next year but as we now run Eyarth Station Guest House in beautiful North Wales, it is not so easy to get North as often. Hope to make at least one away trip next season, Mon the South

Quote Originally Posted by jimmerseybranch View Post
    We still get up for the odd game, but this is personally my leanest year just one trip to Palmerston and no away games. The lowest figure since 2008. Work gets in the way sometimes. Hopefully can get cover next year but as we now run Eyarth Station Guest House in beautiful North Wales, it is not so easy to get North as often. Hope to make at least one away trip next season, Mon the South

Many thanks for your reply Jimmy . I remember meeting you guys a few seasons back and was amazed at the efforts you made to support the Queens . Hopefully see you's again one day

Name:  IMG_8666.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  68.9 KB

Looks like this is the new away kit for next season . It's something different

Certainly is that. Not too keen and would prefer the reverse of this.

Name:  IMG_8666.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  68.9 KB

Looks like this is the new away kit for next season . It's something different
    Very happy If this is the away kit or something similar. Our old badge (the one I grew up with in the 90s) would have looked great. The contrast between the yellow/orange logo stitching and the Grey would have been superb.

I have never liked the yellow and blue away kits in the past. They always seem to look really amateur attempts. I think this is a great step forward and will hopefully look more professional alongside the new blue home kit. Realistically when we play away anyway or fans wear the home kit so its nice to try something new.

Saying that, I believe Alex Ferguson did away with grey shirts as the players complained that they couldn't make each other out on the pitch.

Very happy If this is the away kit or something similar. Our old badge (the one I grew up with in the 90s) would have looked great. The contrast between the yellow/orange logo stitching and the Grey would have been superb.

I have never liked the yellow and blue away kits in the past. They always seem to look really amateur attempts. I think this is a great step forward and will hopefully look more professional alongside the new blue home kit. Realistically when we play away anyway or fans wear the home kit so its nice to try something new.

Saying that, I believe Alex Ferguson did away with grey shirts as the players complained that they couldn't make each other out on the pitch.

A point well made Cpt .....the boring blue & white badge on that strip will look as ridiculous as it does on the red one

A point well made Cpt .....the boring blue & white badge on that strip will look as ridiculous as it does on the red one
    I've nothing against the neutral(ish) colour or indeed the design of this shirt although I'm not daft about these kind of collars which always remind me of polo or rugby shirts. What I do agree with is that the badge we've been using in recent years looks cheap and will, I believe, deter potential purchasers. Certainly would deter me. Main thing for me though is it's not red.

This away shirt is the bog standard off the shelf Macron Tabit style in gun metal and neon yellow. Hopefully the home shirt will, like last season, be a bespoke one

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Wouldn't mind an all blue home kit.
    Not so keen on a grey away kit. Remember when Man Utd played at Southampton and changed into their blue kit at half time because they couldn't pick out their players. Matt Le Tissier said he hadn't even noticed that they'd changed at half time, he was so caught up in trying to keep Soton's place in the Premier League.
    Let's hope the players will see each other in this kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    This away shirt is the bog standard off the shelf Macron Tabit style in gun metal and neon yellow. Hopefully the home shirt will, like last season, be a bespoke one
    The home top will again be a bespoke one

Here they are ... and they'll have JB Houston on the front as main sponsor

Name:  mad.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  105.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialQosFC View Post
    Here they are ... and they'll have JB Houston on the front as main sponsor

Name:  mad.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  105.4 KB
    I think I am correct in saying that the new sponsors Houston the Butchers appeared on the shirts before - 2008 ?

Season 2008-09 had the butchers as the shirt sponsor.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast