+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Yeovil

Yeovil

Sort of place to go and get nowt,yep sod all but there you go clean sheet and a win.The thing is they have blown a great chance of automatic promotion i would think and want shot.Still with that win they can hang in there and see what happens.Of course you can blame injuries,but whose to say they would of got any more points,the fact is you don't know even with a fit squad at your disposal.The sale of good auld Charlie boy is no excuse either because you should still score goals regardless,perhaps just not as many.Look the upshot is get up a division and worry about finances when you get there,if there is no money they will get found out and come back down i would suspect.You could have a better team next season in this division and do nowt and it happens.These chances do not happen very often so do it now and bloody well get on with it eh.

I agree; those are excuses, not reasons. We have had the smallest squad in the division though, and failure to strengthen during the transfer window has been key. I just think that we've blown it. Blackpool are on form, despite a loss yesterday. Notts County are also looking good despite losing to a couple of the top sides, and could have a say in who goes into the playoffs. Same goes for Accrington who are on fire and might stall fancy their chances. They still have to play Blackpool, Luton and Stevenage so it's going to be an interesting few weeks.

You have unfortunately chosen the wrong time to play Notts next week,our confidence has really grown since Hardy and Nolan has came into the club,recent away wins include Wycombe and Plymouth where not only did we win but we deserved the win as well,something that would have seemed impossible a couple of months ago,we won 3-1 yesterday and it could easily been 5/6 on another day,Nolan said yesterday that Notts now don't fear anyone and I think that its not bravado but him being serious, with the way that both teams have been playing over the past couple of months it wouldn't surprise me if we got all three points,I've got a wedding to attend and the bride and groom have flatly refused to rearrange it so I'm unable to attend but will be watching with interest on my mobile (shhhh)

I fancy you for three points too Chalky. We won yesterday but Yeovil are hardly setting the league alight. One swallow doesn't make a Summer ect.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkyncfc61 View Post
    You have unfortunately chosen the wrong time to play Notts next week,our confidence has really grown since Hardy and Nolan has came into the club,recent away wins include Wycombe and Plymouth where not only did we win but we deserved the win as well,something that would have seemed impossible a couple of months ago,we won 3-1 yesterday and it could easily been 5/6 on another day,Nolan said yesterday that Notts now don't fear anyone and I think that its not bravado but him being serious, with the way that both teams have been playing over the past couple of months it wouldn't surprise me if we got all three points,I've got a wedding to attend and the bride and groom have flatly refused to rearrange it so I'm unable to attend but will be watching with interest on my mobile (shhhh)
    I didn't know you could watch a wedding on a mobile!

Told yer

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)