+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Derek Lyle testimonial match

Extremely disappointed that there is nowt on the Official Site regarding the match report. For a player like Derek Lyle celebrating 10 years at Palmerston, I'm sure many more long distance fans wanted updated. I believe there wasn't much interest in the game from the Rangers support with only around a thousand in attandace in total.

That attendance is indeed correct. There is a thanks on the website. There were enough photographers there so I reckon it won't be long before there is a match report and photos posted up.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    That attendance is indeed correct. There is a thanks on the website. There were enough photographers there so I reckon it won't be long before there is a match report and photos posted up.
    Russell you told me you could not get into the main stand but it holds 1,200 I believe - so add that to the 200 - 300
    Bears in the East Stand and even more Queens fans on the terracing imo there were more than 1,000 in attendance but will we ever know the correct figure ?

I asked the club today just what the attendance was with the reply being that it was still to be calculated. I guessed at 1000+ but we'll just have to wait with bated breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Russell you told me you could not get into the main stand but it holds 1,200 I believe - so add that to the 200 - 300
    Bears in the East Stand and even more Queens fans on the terracing imo there were more than 1,000 in attendance but will we ever know the correct figure ?
    Bearing in mind that the Main west Stand was almost full I would say you are correct - I estimate around 1200

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    Bearing in mind that the Main west Stand was almost full I would say you are correct - I estimate around 1200
    I believe there were around 1,700 there.

Quote Originally Posted by ODB View Post
    I believe there were around 1,700 there.
    OBD - I would say your estimate is a wee bit high and 1,000 too low so will go for somewhere in between - one matter to take into consideration OBD is the beady eye of the tax man - can you confirm they got involved in testimonials about a year ago !

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    I asked the club today just what the attendance was with the reply being that it was still to be calculated. I guessed at 1000+ but we'll just have to wait with bated breath.

They must know the official figure by now ....?

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    They must know the official figure by now ....?
    Mr Paterson who has the club shop and is QOS director / club secretary Craig Paterson's dad told me this afternoon it was 1,700.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Mr Paterson who has the club shop and is QOS director / club secretary Craig Paterson's dad told me this afternoon it was 1,700.
    Bang on 1,700 or roughly 1,700

I've heard to Rangers support didn't turn up in bigger numbers because of the late announcement of who was playing for their Legends side . Noticed a few of the confirmed didn't actually turn up

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)