shopify analytics
+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 88

Thread: Derek Lyle testimonial match

  1. #1

    Derek Lyle testimonial match

    A match between Queens and a 'Rangers Legends' team has been pencilled in for Sunday June 25th at Palmerston Park

  2. #2
    Well deserved testimonial for the Tan Man and it was a stick - on that the opponents would have some sort of Rangers connection as he is a life- long fan of the Teddy Bears !

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,232
    Sounds good, as long as he stays on for next season.

  4. #4
    Today's Standard reports that Lyle has 115 goals for Queens . Saturday's strike was in fact his 109th goal for the Super South

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,232
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Today's Standard reports that Lyle has 115 goals for Queens . Saturday's strike was in fact his 109th goal for the Super South
    Yes that is correct. You would think that the press would do decent checks before posting wrong info. It is ironic that if and when Lyle does score another 6 goals that he will be on 115 and 1 goal ahead of Thomson (who turned 46 last Saturday) and will be closing in on the 120 goals scored by Bobby Black, who was a right winger.

  6. #6
    I really hope to see Del in a Queens shirt next season.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Yes that is correct. You would think that the press would do decent checks before posting wrong info. It is ironic that if and when Lyle does score another 6 goals that he will be on 115 and 1 goal ahead of Thomson (who turned 46 last Saturday) and will be closing in on the 120 goals scored by Bobby Black, who was a right winger.

    How ironic eh ?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,232
    Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    I really hope to see Del in a Queens shirt next season.
    Let's hope so.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,232
    Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    How ironic eh ?
    Isn't it ironic, don't ya think.....Alanis Morrisette 1996

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,232
    http://www.qosfc.com/news-3549

    Looks like Lyle could well be staying on at Palmerston with a year of events being organised.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    http://www.qosfc.com/news-3549

    Looks like Lyle could well be staying on at Palmerston with a year of events being organised.

    Great list of players there! As long as he is fit and contributing let's keep him on the books.

  12. #12
    In reply to a post on P and B by Cammy suggesting QOS have a recent love - in with Rangers Queens Football Administration person Ewan Lithgow replied '' For avoidance of doubt the club are not involved in organising the match and didn't pick the opposition his testimonial committee did !

  13. #13
    3 weeks tomorrow until Tan Man's testimonial match . I was told Queens made posters for the event but I've failed to see any anywhere in town . When it comes to free advertising things Queens still have a lot to learn IMO

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    3 weeks tomorrow until Tan Man's testimonial match . I was told Queens made posters for the event but I've failed to see any anywhere in town . When it comes to free advertising things Queens still have a lot to learn IMO
    They are devo out there aloreburn mate as i have seen them in several boozers today (3rd June)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Dumfries
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    They are devo out there aloreburn mate as i have seen them in several boozers today (3rd June)
    Aye Ftvano1, and hoo many lassies look braw wi' the demon drink until you wake up aside them in the morning!

  16. #16
    Did you know Queens have planned a fun training day on the morning of Lyle's testimonial day ?
    Surprised the OS hadn't mentioned it yet

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,232
    Looks like a decent idea.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Looks like a decent idea.


    Maybe be a good idea to advertise it if true

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,232
    Certainly would be.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, North Ayrshire
    Posts
    6,232
    Over on Pie and Bovril there's a rumour that Lyle may retire after his testimonial. I hope not as he surely wants to get the goal-scoring record in 2nd place. He's in Mexico currently getting married. Hopefully a false rumour.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •