+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek Lyle testimonial match

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Defo a programme for Aitken's testimonial Mr QOS King - also like your blue / gold metal badge - touch of class that one .

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Defo a programme for Aitken's testimonial Mr QOS King - also like your blue / gold metal badge - touch of class that one .
    Thanks for that information as I can`t remember ever seeing one then again I can`t remember much about his testimonial than that he played for both Queens & Annan.
    Would love to see pictures of it if you have one as I doubt I will be able to get a hold of one now.

Enjoyable spectacle today and played in a wonderful spirit. Class always shines through and Johnston with McCulloch were the stand-outs for the select team and Burns, Bowey along with McKenna provided the best from the Queens stalwarts. Puzzle just who was the No 19 playing for Queens I got the rest of the players but this guys name and face eluded me?

Lyle`s got his dream of playing for Rangers at the start of the 2nd half in what was a very enjoyable match which the Queens team won 5-3 (Weatherson x2 Lyle x2 Russell - Johnston x2 McCulloch).
    Name:  Lyle Team sheet.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  84.0 KB

Ok so we have a name of Damien Ferns down for No 19 but just who is this guy- a celebrity pal of Del Boys?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Ok so we have a name of Damien Ferns down for No 19 but just who is this guy- a celebrity pal of Del Boys?
    My guess is he's a mate of Del's. A quick Google shows a Damien Fern associated with Carbrain Boys Club in Cumbernauld.

The Number 19 won the shirt at an auction at one of Lyle's pubs in Bishopbriggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Could you keep me one of those badges and I'll pay you at the Brechin game?

How many people were there?

Looked like around 1000.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)