+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek Lyle testimonial match

Looking forward to this game with two great squads announced.

Don't know many fans who've already bought tickets so it's looking like a lot will purchase on the day and Del will get a half decent crowd

I got my tickets at the last home match of the season.

I am looking forward to this game as a bit of fun as well as a thank you to Del Lyle for his many years of service to the club over a number of periods, three in total I think. Also at this time of year in the absence of league fixtures I do miss my football and this will act as a fix to see me over until the season begins anew.

Update from Official Site

We are now in a position to confirm both squads for the game between Queens and Rangers Legends on Sunday, 25th June, kick off 2pm.

Former Queens boss, Jim McIntyre is making a return to Palmerston to take charge of the Queens side for the afternoon and he'll have plenty familiar faces to choose from. In defence he'll be able to select, Lee Robinson, Jim Thomson, Brian Reid, Andy Aitken, Andy Dowie, Paddy Atkinson, Chris Higgins or our current gaffer who is pulling his boots back on for the day, Gary Naysmith.

Midfielders, Michael Paton, Steven Bowey, Paul Burns, Alex Neil, Stephen McKenna, Allan Johnston and Iain Russell also all making a return to Palmerston, while the strikers turning out in honour of the Tan Man are Peter Weatherston, Stephen Dobbie, Sean O'Connor and of course the man himself.

They'll face the legends of Rangers who have confirmed their squad for the game will be; Andy Goram, Gordon Durie, Bob Malcolm, Marvin Andrews, Jordan McMillan, Alex Rae, Barry Ferguson, Lee McCulloch, Billy Dodds, Nacho Novo, Peter Lovenkrands, Jonatan Johansson, Kenny Miller, Stephen Hughes and Gary McSwegan. Managed by Derek Ferguson.

The home support will be located within the Oakbank Services terrace and the Gates Power Transmission stand with the visitors in the Rosefield Salvage stand.

Home and Away tickets for the game are priced £12 for adults and £6 for concessions.

Ticket booths will be in operation on the day, home support will have to purchase their tickets from the ticket booth within the Queens Arena, there will be a ticket booth open at south end of the Rosefield Stand for visiting fans.

Disabled supporters attending the game will be located in section one of the Rosefield Stand. Entry will be via the usual disabled gate or turnstile on Portland Drive.

The game kicks off at 2pm but events gets underway from 10am with a fun morning in the Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    Update from Official Site

We are now in a position to confirm both squads for the game between Queens and Rangers Legends on Sunday, 25th June, kick off 2pm.

Former Queens boss, Jim McIntyre is making a return to Palmerston to take charge of the Queens side for the afternoon and he'll have plenty familiar faces to choose from. In defence he'll be able to select, Lee Robinson, Jim Thomson, Brian Reid, Andy Aitken, Andy Dowie, Paddy Atkinson, Chris Higgins or our current gaffer who is pulling his boots back on for the day, Gary Naysmith.

Midfielders, Michael Paton, Steven Bowey, Paul Burns, Alex Neil, Stephen McKenna, Allan Johnston and Iain Russell also all making a return to Palmerston, while the strikers turning out in honour of the Tan Man are Peter Weatherston, Stephen Dobbie, Sean O'Connor and of course the man himself.

They'll face the legends of Rangers who have confirmed their squad for the game will be; Andy Goram, Gordon Durie, Bob Malcolm, Marvin Andrews, Jordan McMillan, Alex Rae, Barry Ferguson, Lee McCulloch, Billy Dodds, Nacho Novo, Peter Lovenkrands, Jonatan Johansson, Kenny Miller, Stephen Hughes and Gary McSwegan. Managed by Derek Ferguson.

The home support will be located within the Oakbank Services terrace and the Gates Power Transmission stand with the visitors in the Rosefield Salvage stand.

Home and Away tickets for the game are priced £12 for adults and £6 for concessions.

Ticket booths will be in operation on the day, home support will have to purchase their tickets from the ticket booth within the Queens Arena, there will be a ticket booth open at south end of the Rosefield Stand for visiting fans.

Disabled supporters attending the game will be located in section one of the Rosefield Stand. Entry will be via the usual disabled gate or turnstile on Portland Drive.

The game kicks off at 2pm but events gets underway from 10am with a fun morning in the Arena.
    Is the Alex Neil in the Queens squad the old Hamilton and Norwich manager ?

That was my thinking with him being Lyle's manager when he was at Hamilton.

Pretty sure it will be him as they were at Hamilton together as players for a few years but don't think Lyle was there when Neil took over as manager as I think when he took over as manager Lyle was back at Queens.

Really looking forward to seeing the old players (Bowey, McKenna, O'Connor & more) tomorrow in what should be a entertaining match.

Even a few Rangers players have played for Queens.
    Andy Goram - won the Challenge Cup with Queens in 2002
    Marvin Andrews - Remember a away match agaist Morton possibly his first match for us when the fans was singing for him to wave which he did
    Jordan McMillan - Liked him when he was on loan at us
    Billy Dodds - Never played but was coach when Gordon Chisholm was manager

I already have my ticket and even a badge and will get a programme tomorrow to join with my other testimonial stuff from Burns & Thomson but sadly not Aiken even though i was at that match I am pretty sure no programme were made for that match.

Name:  Lyle Badge.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  87.7 KB

More than likely played with Alex Neil at Accies.

Name:  IMG_9238.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  83.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by QOS King View Post
    Pretty sure it will be him as they were at Hamilton together as players for a few years but don't think Lyle was there when Neil took over as manager as I think when he took over as manager Lyle was back at Queens.

Really looking forward to seeing the old players (Bowey, McKenna, O'Connor & more) tomorrow in what should be a entertaining match.

Even a few Rangers players have played for Queens.
    Andy Goram - won the Challenge Cup with Queens in 2002
    Marvin Andrews - Remember a away match agaist Morton possibly his first match for us when the fans was singing for him to wave which he did
    Jordan McMillan - Liked him when he was on loan at us
    Billy Dodds - Never played but was coach when Gordon Chisholm was manager

I already have my ticket and even a badge and will get a programme tomorrow to join with my other testimonial stuff from Burns & Thomson but sadly not Aiken even though i was at that match I am pretty sure no programme were made for that match.

Name:  Lyle Badge.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  87.7 KB

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)